Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: How to adjust daily candle closing time?

Dan15 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:19 pm Hello,

Can someone pls explain how to adjust daily candle closing time to NY time i.e ET time. My candles are closing earlier then NY time so getting 6 candles a week instead of five and all the calculations of other indicators are somehow off the mark.

Thanks
Dan
Hi, you are not able to change the broker's time feed unfortunately, there are overly and sub window type indicators where you can choose a different time scale but the broker's time and candles remain. The only other way is to use a third party platform such as Tradingview or Prorealtime hook up to your broker.

The extra candle on a Sunday used by some brokers does mess with indicators and is a problem, many indicators are written now that include a 'Use Sunday data T/F' in the inputs box.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Dan15

Re: How to adjust daily candle closing time?

Ogee wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Hi, you are not able to change the broker's time feed unfortunately, there are overly and sub window type indicators where you can choose a different time scale but the broker's time and candles remain. The only other way is to use a third party platform such as Tradingview or Prorealtime hook up to your broker.

The extra candle on a Sunday used by some brokers does mess with indicators and is a problem, many indicators are written now that include a 'Use Sunday data T/F' in the inputs box.
Hi Ogee,

Many Thanks for your reply.

As there is nothing we can do about it I will try and continue to work with the present set up.

Kind Regards
Dan