Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#162
I remain in the Sell position on gold. It can be seen from the picture that the Extereme Spike bar did not form even on the minor M5 timeframe. Stoploss and TP remain in the same places as yesterday, 1680 and 1615, respectively.

Screenshot_43.png

Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#163
ImpLaNT wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:52 am
I remain in the Sell position on gold. It can be seen from the picture that the Extereme Spike bar did not form even on the minor M5 timeframe. Stoploss and TP remain in the same places as yesterday, 1680 and 1615, respectively.


Screenshot_43.png
Thanks Implant,
I think your counting scheme is confusing. How come about the 1, 2 points in blue? I understand the M5 end point counting in white but for the M15 counting, you seem to just be placing numbers.

Also since there was already an extreme spike at 0 why are you saying there are no extreme spike. How many do we expect to see before taking a trade?

Thanks.

Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#165
fitditcorp wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks Implant,
I think your counting scheme is confusing. How come about the 1, 2 points in blue? I understand the M5 end point counting in white but for the M15 counting, you seem to just be placing numbers.

Also since there was already an extreme spike at 0 why are you saying there are no extreme spike. How many do we expect to see before taking a trade?

Thanks.
I meant that there is no blue bar from Extreme Spike indicator that would say, that a sufficient depth of the downward moving has been reached, and we can consider closing a sell position. Regarding the numbering ... There are times, when it is difficult to unambiguously interpret the wave numbering by timeframes. Now this is exactly the case. And at the time of numbering, it was such a layout that seemed most likely to me. This does not mean that this is the final version, something may change over time. If you are confused by the fact that near the numbers 1 and 2 you don't see blue lines, this may be due to the fact, that the correction in the form of wave 2 is too small and fleeting compared to wave 1. And the indicator simply did not detect this zigzag. I repeat once again - this is not the final, but a working version of the markup at that time. In any case, so far I do not see any signal to close the position.


Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#166
RZAMK wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:08 pm
ImpLaNT;
Regardless of the rules of the Elliott wave, which I am not fluent in, will this position be taken according to your system and will hit TP?
Screenshot_44.png

1. We open a position after the formation of the 2nd point, not 4th.
2. We do not open positions against the line of possible bias. In this case, it says that buys are impossible. Of course, I understand that this line is also repaint, like all zigzags, and there may be a 5th point above the 4th. But it’s better not to break the rules ! I recently violated and got -255 pips on HK50.
   And I would like to say once again, that trading on major pairs and crosses, which include instruments of about the same value in relation to the dollar, is extremely difficult and inefficient! That is why instruments with a high ADR value are selected, and if crosses, then only with a maximum spread of the instruments, included in their composition. For example, GBPJPY - expensive in relation to the dollar, GBP, and cheap JPY. This condition provides cross good volatility.

In conclusion, I want to tell you HUGE THANKS for your participation. Your statement about the possible use of the “order Buy” and “order Sell” lines has led me to very deep thoughts, the result of which I am now testing in practice. I really hope that it will be positive. Thanks again.

Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#167
It can be seen from the picture, that the price has formed a "triple bottom", and today, having updated the minimum, it could not stagnate below yesterday's close and formed a sharp rebound. Now the price is limited to the top by the "order BUY" line. We also see, that on the M5 timeframe a full-fledged zigzag has formed against the current position. I think that the passage above the line "order BUY" may cause a surge in purchases. Therefore, I bear the stoploss slightly above this line. Although I believe that the downward movement is not completed. But I don't want to risk leaving the position in the distant stop. Therefore, I transfer stoploss to breakeven on the opening line of 1660.

Screenshot_45.png

Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#168
ImpLaNT wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:46 pm
RZAMK wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:08 pm
ImpLaNT;
Regardless of the rules of the Elliott wave, which I am not fluent in, will this position be taken according to your system and will hit TP?
   And I would like to say once again, that trading on major pairs and crosses, which include instruments of about the same value in relation to the dollar, is extremely difficult and inefficient! That is why instruments with a high ADR value are selected, and if crosses, then only with a maximum spread of the instruments, included in their composition. For example, GBPJPY - expensive in relation to the dollar, GBP, and cheap JPY. This condition provides cross good volatility.
Sorry to interfere once again - I apologize right from the start:
I should have kept my mouth shut - but these are pure claims - no real reasons given. Strange for a self-proclaimed logical-scientific person.
People - I mean, really, really lots of them - trade for example EURUSD because it has minimal spread - they tend to counteract less volatility with an increase in Lot-size.
Al Brooks has written three books on trading:
a) Trading Reversals
b) Trend Trading
c) Trading Ranges
I wonder why that is.
If someone repeatedly tries to trade an obvious RANGE using a trend trading method/system one does start to wonder how scientifically logical that can be (it's a bit like playing tennis with a golf club) and if he ever took the time to differentiate clearly between the three.
The market does not care about your system - it just does whatever it does. The market does not care whether you like your system and believe it to be logical (it may or may not be so). The market does not behave in a logical fashion - it just does what it does.
If you want to succeed you have to adapt your system(s) to the market.
I hope this is my last contribution!
GOLDM15.png

Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

#170
josi wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Sorry to interfere once again - I apologize right from the start:
I should have kept my mouth shut - but these are pure claims - no real reasons given. Strange for a self-proclaimed logical-scientific person.
People - I mean, really, really lots of them - trade for example EURUSD because it has minimal spread - they tend to counteract less volatility with an increase in Lot-size.
Al Brooks has written three books on trading:
a) Trading Reversals
b) Trend Trading
c) Trading Ranges
I wonder why that is.
If someone repeatedly tries to trade an obvious RANGE using a trend trading method/system one does start to wonder how scientifically logical that can be (it's a bit like playing tennis with a golf club) and if he ever took the time to differentiate clearly between the three.
The market does not care about your system - it just does whatever it does. The market does not care whether you like your system and believe it to be logical (it may or may not be so). The market does not behave in a logical fashion - it just does what it does.
If you want to succeed you have to adapt your system(s) to the market.
I hope this is my last contribution!

Well, firstly, you should not keep your mouth shut. Everyone has the right to express their views.
Secondly, regarding the trading of instruments with great volatility, these are not my conclusions, but rather Xard's. Although I agree with your argument that the lack of volatility can be compensated for by the size of the lot.
Thirdly, when the position is just opening, how you can imagine in advance, will the price remain in the range or start moving immediately? All that I see at the time of opening is the first zigzag. And here are two opposite situations after the first zigzag ...
1- Range

Screenshot_47.png


2 - Movement

Screenshot_48.png


If you know a way how you can predict further price behavior, I would really appreciate it if you shared it. But I think that such a method does not exist unfortunately ...
And I don't limit anyone to participate, especially when it is expressed by something specific, and not just a text about trading...


  1. Similar Topics

    1. SK XARD TRADING JOURNAL

      49 Replies 5252 Views

      by sudhindragk, Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:53 pm in Trading Journals

      49 Replies
      5252 Views
    2. XARD EX4 file issues

      9 Replies 916 Views

      by Philanthropy, Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:05 am in New Members & Common Forex Q&A's

      9 Replies
      916 Views
    3. Suggestions for building a trading system

      17 Replies 4036 Views

      by 太虚一毫, Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:26 pm in Trading Systems

      17 Replies
      4036 Views

Return to “Trading Journals”

Users viewing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], velcoro54 and 3 guests