Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

aaven wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 pm
Good Evening Implant,

Thanks for the live trades and the commentary. Seriously, please keep making them.

Could you please shed some light on this:

Use of 15 Min TF & 5 Min TF:

When we look for entry conditions on 15 Min Time frames, we are also switching down to 5 Min time frame for further confirmation: Like to check if the
extreme spike indicator made a spike.

My question:

1. When we look at 15 Min TF for entry, we always look for 5 Min TF correct?

Implant: I don’t quite understand what exactly you mean. I always try to see the complex picture, so I switch the TF several times a day.

2. There are examples, where you are able to trade directly on 5 Min TF, so can one trade 5 Min TF as a standalone without referencing 15 Min TF?

Implant: Yes, such entries are possible, and yesterday was vivid proof of that. I went up to the M5 essentially "against the coat", if you look at the M15.

Extreme spike indicator shows what you need to sell, the desired bias is also negative (red bar on top). But, as you can see, the entrance up the M5, even with such signals on the M15, turned out to be effective. The only thing I spoke about initially is that you need to put a clear TP in this situation, and not wait for big movements. By the way, I still think that the price will still turn down ... Further movement up is simply not logical.

Thank you
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

ImpLaNT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:04 am Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a difficult day in terms of trading. Succumbed to emotions, closed the position ahead of time, resulting in lost profits. But the price nevertheless came to where it was expected, even with a margin ... Lost profit is still better than a possible loss. I’ll calm down on this ... ;)
Good morning
It did but one only has to look at the massive spike downwards (that would have stopped out almost everybody who was in over night) to realize it wasn't succumbing to emotions but rather succumbing to reason to exit the trade in a fairly choppy environment with trending moves only on low TFs (after all, Xard's method is a trend-following-strategy).
Because of the fact that sticking to strict rules is decisive in trading - there should be a set of rules in place for this sort of market (i. e. not clearly trending: keep out of it altogether could be one; exit early if price doesn't proceed as planned could be another one). But this is your thread - so it's your rules.
As to the downward bias: I don't see one on D1 and H4 (but there is divergence) as yet, on H1 (double top + spike down + a bit of divergence) there is a possibility (but that may all be due to strong resistance - see March 12th ).
If you find my comments inadequate or not suitable to your approach just erase them - or tell me to (as long as I can I will do it).
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
fitditcorp

ImpLaNT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 am I'm closed the position at 21759. There is a suspicion of the possibility of a double top, especially considering the absolutely bearish daily candle on Friday. Very uneven today. I decided to close and go to bed calmly. Tomorrow will be a new day and new food. I will answer all the questions that I did not have time to answer today.
Good luck to all...
Reading about your shaky adventure I'm glad i was busy on Monday lol

josi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:03 pm
If you find my comments inadequate or not suitable to your approach just erase them - or tell me to (as long as I can I will do it).
Dear Josi ... I haven't yet seen inadequate comments in this thread;). Everyone has the right to speak and be heard, if he has something to say. So I don't see any problems about your comments.
Regarding trading ... It’s difficult today to choose an instrument ... The setups "fly off" one after another, the indices are breaking up. I don’t know if there will be an opportunity to enter into a deal today. So far, I’m looking at the HSI (HK 50) and Brent.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

:thumbup: :clap:
ImpLaNT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:48 pm

Dear Josi ... I haven't yet seen inadequate comments in this thread;). Everyone has the right to speak and be heard, if he has something to say. So I don't see any problems about your comments.
Regarding trading ... It’s difficult today to choose an instrument ... The setups "fly off" one after another, the indices are breaking up. I don’t know if there will be an opportunity to enter into a deal today. So far, I’m looking at the HSI (HK 50) and Brent.
Well - whenever price doesn't make sense it's best to wait until it does (again).
The obvious candidates I have seen are GBPNZD (MM -1/8th: and up it goes), NZDUSD (same picture - opposite direction) and UK100 (same picture as Dow but much clearer movements).
Just keep your spirits up - you've performed much better than I could have (which isn't saying much anyway) in this market with this instrument. And the brag-a-muffins were strangely silent on Xard's thread (this should tell you all you need to know about the complexities just now).
Oil is still in a sideways range on M15 trying to breakout upwards. But after this fabulous spike one can't quite trust one's indies.
aaven

Rumi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 pm
What's more strange is how you don't like "ridicule", but you take every opportunity to mock and take shots at others on a very consistant basis. More than anyone else.
You need to check yourself.
Actually - if you took the time to look at my post you'd see that I said: AVOID THE TOPIC(S), ridicule instead.
Meaning: these - you know who - always avoid to answer trade-related questions with any precision but...
So it's not the making-fun-part I dislike but...
Nevertheless you are right. I need to check myself.
Rumi

josi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 pm
Actually - if you took the time to look at my post you'd see that I said: AVOID THE TOPIC(S), ridicule instead.
Meaning: these - you know who - always avoid to answer trade-related questions with any precision but...
So it's not the making-fun-part I dislike but...
Nevertheless you are right. I need to check myself.
Yea I get you. I agree with you, and I'll admit things aren't super clear in the original thread and no one is addressing the problems experienced by many. XARD is great, and there's good tips throughout the thread, but I like what IMPLANT is doing here and I'm always looking to learn more.

Last week I wanted to PM you an apology for taking part in the thread's unneccessary war and derailment. But PM option wasn't there. Here it is: my apologies.
These users thanked the author Rumi for the post:
josi

Just finished today's trade on the German DAX for 2.5RR - maybe I left too early, but I can't monitor further on. I made 3 screenshots to show the schizophrenic situation I'm in :D
1. First one is my original approach, close to naked charts: some nearby support and resistance zones (blue lines), and a Fibonacci-fan (yellow diagonal) on previous movement: waiting for a break in trend leg due to close strong resistance, strong early movements (MMATH on XARD charts was well over 8/8th). I expected the resistance so strong that I didn't even wait for the second top and a bit ambitiously I entered right at the break of the Fibonacci-fan. You can see actual entry, exit, and the progression of stop loss level on 1st pic (all red).
A much more secure entry could have been started a bit later after breaking the neck level of the forming descending double top, a few candles later, almost at the same price, but with tighter SL possibility over the latter, lower top of the double top - which can be considered as our favorite second dot! 2. Implant version of old XARD: the spike, along the semafors were factors strengthening the anticipation for the downswing. The shorter MA turned red at near my entry, but in volatile movements I would have got fully confirmed signal (with all matching colours) significantly later... 3. On new XARD: set-up: Actually if I had traded the 1st candle of the second batch of pinks - as the rules say - it would have resulted mostly in the approach I described as more secure (practically also trading the formed descending double top)! Hm...
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 4):
josi, ImpLaNT, tc1688, RomanUkraine