QuestionVolatility quality stridsman qhistou mq4?

Hi all,

I have a question regarding this excellent indicator which mladen coded for MT5. Is there a version floating around for MT4? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find it. If mladen or someone else is able to provide the mq4 for it, I'd be incredibly grateful. It is to use with an expert advisor, and the pip filter is one of the most useful features.

I realize I don't have much credibility asking for help here because there's not much I can contribute at the moment, but I'm currently in the process of intensive learning of both MQL4 and MQL5. I'm still a coding rookie (at best) and I don't have the knowledge to make these indicators. The best I can give right now is a tip for making these indicators better - add something similar to a pip filter, but make it variable based on ATR. Works incredibly well.

I also want to thank all of you guys who do this great work coding, with a special thanks to mladen. Your indicators are of top top quality, and you are changing lives. Thank you.

Cheers,
VoidSurf

Re: Volatility quality stridsman qhistou mq4?

amaze2n wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:23 am Hi all,

I have a question regarding this excellent indicator which mladen coded for MT5. Is there a version floating around for MT4? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find it. If mladen or someone else is able to provide the mq4 for it, I'd be incredibly grateful. It is to use with an expert advisor, and the pip filter is one of the most useful features.

I realize I don't have much credibility asking for help here because there's not much I can contribute at the moment, but I'm currently in the process of intensive learning of both MQL4 and MQL5. I'm still a coding rookie (at best) and I don't have the knowledge to make these indicators. The best I can give right now is a tip for making these indicators better - add something similar to a pip filter, but make it variable based on ATR. Works incredibly well.

I also want to thank all of you guys who do this great work coding, with a special thanks to mladen. Your indicators are of top top quality, and you are changing lives. Thank you.

Cheers,
VoidSurf
Hope it helps...
These users thanked the author losajoca for the post:
amaze2n

amaze2n wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:23 am Hi all,

Cheers,
VoidSurf
Histo version here viewtopic.php?p=1295351051#p1295351051
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
amaze2n

I'm also wondering if you have an mq4 of an indicator called "Deviation filtered average" or "filtered averages" that is only available as far as I can tell for MT5. I've searched almost everywhere. It is a remarkable moving average, another great work of mladen. I'm trying to figure out how to translate it but I can barely understand the code.

amaze2n wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 am I'm also wondering if you have an mq4 of an indicator called "Deviation filtered average" or "filtered averages" that is only available as far as I can tell for MT5. I've searched almost everywhere. It is a remarkable moving average, another great work of mladen. I'm trying to figure out how to translate it but I can barely understand the code.
Think it's close to the same as this.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
amaze2n

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 am

Think it's close to the same as this.
Thank you, I really appreciate your help mrtools. I'm learning to code to create an automated system based on a strategy that uses some of these indicators. The strategy works very well on the daily chart which can be executed manually each day but I want to automate testing, optimization and execution for lower timeframes. I am deep into the book "Expert Advisor Programming for MetaTrader 5" and the Mql5 language seems to be very low level for what I'm trying to do. I have read that Mql4 is much more user friendly. The strategy has complex trade management rules including splitting trades into multiple parts that behave differently based on price action. Based purely on the language would you say it's worth it going through the higher difficulty of learning and coding in mql5 or should I go with mt4?