Re: Renko Simple System

friend4you wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks, looks good, I would prefer the wpr version of Chaos, which famous mladen made for me long ago. The mod is the old version.
What other indicators do you prefer?
chaos averages.zip
Thanks yes they work well with a Renko chart, will have a play around with them.
Attachments

Ogee wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:40 am Hi Guys, hope this might be of some use to someone. It's a Renko chart based manual system seen here on a 3 point Renko bar Dax chart. It's based on a strategy found online called Mr Nims Forex Renko Chart Strategy (free).

Arrow entry trigger when matched with colour candles, sloping colour MA and slope of MACD.

The arrows are a simple lwma cross and don't appear to repaint on a live run but of course the Renko chart itself repaints on restart so backtesting is difficult.
The black dotted MA is a standard 20 period smoothed and the MACD is standard minus the histo.

Place the .dll file in the mt4 Libraries folder (File > Open Data Folder > MQL4) then place the Range bar chart ex4 file as an indicator on a 1 minute chart, then open the corresponding M2 Offline chart and load the additional indicators onto the M2 chart.

As with all systems of this type price needs to be trending and so if the MAs are horizontal there will be many false triggers. Rectangle off any sideways price action and wait for price to breakout before looking for trade entries.

What I like about this system is it encourages you to get in even if you miss the break and to add on when price runs.

Most mt4 Renko and Range bar charts will not show bars that occurred while mt4 was shut down but if you start mt4 and wait a minute then close and restart all the missing bars will load.
Seems like doesnt work anymore, any other free options to create range bars for mt4?

Ogee wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:47 pm Hi, see this Zip file containing newer Renko and Range chart builders;

Renko Chart Set.zip
I have a question, i wanted to use range bars, and the file you link works, but i previously used another range bar builder, and both charts are different even when inputing the same brick size.

ffsss wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:28 am I have a question, i wanted to use range bars, and the file you link works, but i previously used another range bar builder, and both charts are different even when inputing the same brick size.
I have noticed before when making copies of offline charts, one after the other, that they are not an exact match until you close and restart mt4. It's like starting them off at different times puts them out of sync but when they opened at the same time they are in sync.

Try and let us know.

Ogee wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:11 pm I have noticed before when making copies of offline charts, one after the other, that they are not an exact match until you close and restart mt4. It's like starting them off at different times puts them out of sync but when they opened at the same time they are in sync.

Try and let us know.
I was using this one, but now it expired so i cant test it again, but they looked different i would say. I would like to buy it on its website, but the owner doesnt answer.
DTRCT wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Download attached files.