Re: What is Interpolation MTF in MT4?

moey_dw wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm One of experts here can explain??? I knows it but lack of my english i fail to be able to put right words together :(
Good question brother!
One of the best explanations was made by Mladen in the TSD days.

As explained by Mladen:

This is an example of multi time frame indicator on chart without interpolation:
And this is that same indicator with interpolation:
The smoothness of the second is achieved by applying Linear Interpolation between the last points of each time frame value. One might ask: "Doesn't it change the values?" It does and it does not :)
At the last bars belonging to higher time frame bar, both are exactly the same, and that causes the paradox: they both have exactly the same number of exactly correct values of the higher time frame at given bar: 1.
So, apart from making the display nicer (and more logical), the accuracy is not suffering and we are having indicators that are not looking like some old invention, but we have a logical display of values development.

For Histogram version of indicators, there is no need for interpolation, since the values are always 1 (or any other constant value) or none and the interpolation would result in exactly the same display.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 9):
rudiarius, FXchaos, moey_dw, navid110, gejmon1, Cazz223, JNS247, Thangarasu, Chickenspicy
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: What is Interpolation MTF in MT4?

moey_dw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:57 pm thx mladen and jimmy boy....... now i know what these mean i just use to think it was something in video games :think:
also know that there are many types of interpolation. the linear one is just to draw a line between two points, and pick the middle of it (if you want to double resolution) but, in DSP and audio applications, the interpolation is critical to a good sound. One method consist of interlacing zero values between each data, and applying a low pass at half the max frequency...

other tools require more complicated interpolations
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Chickenspicy