Nikkei Crashes 1000 Points, Tumbles Into Bear Market

Nikkei Crashes 1000 Points, Tumbles Into Bear Market

Update: Japan's Nikkei and the broader Topix indices fell over 1,000 points, or 5% in Tuesday morning trading to a 20-month low on the heels of the worst S&P 500 Christmas Eve crash on record. The Nikkei average hit an intra-day low of 19,138.88, or -5.09%, while the broader Topix was also around 5% lower.

A few hours after the S&P tumbled over 2.7%, sliding into a bear market for the first time in a decade, Japan's Nikkei 225 - which had been sliding gradually for the past week - dropped sharply by over 3.2% at the open...
... becoming the latest index to tumble into a bear market, sliding over 20% from its October 2 peak.
Meanwhile, the broader Topix index - which had already entered a bear market from its January 2018 highs - plunged even more, dumping over 4.3% and was trading at levels last seen in November 2016, as more than 2 years of gains have been largely wiped out in just the past 3 months as the Christmas Eve rout launched in the US goes global.
Source: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12- ... ear-market
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: Nikkei Crashes 1000 Points, Tumbles Into Bear Market

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:27 pm Nikkei Crashes 1000 Points, Tumbles Into Bear Market

Update: Japan's Nikkei and the broader Topix indices fell over 1,000 points, or 5% in Tuesday morning trading to a 20-month low on the heels of the worst S&P 500 Christmas Eve crash on record. The Nikkei average hit an intra-day low of 19,138.88, or -5.09%, while the broader Topix was also around 5% lower.

japanese santa1_0.jpg

A few hours after the S&P tumbled over 2.7%, sliding into a bear market for the first time in a decade, Japan's Nikkei 225 - which had been sliding gradually for the past week - dropped sharply by over 3.2% at the open...
nikkei 225 12.24.jpg

... becoming the latest index to tumble into a bear market, sliding over 20% from its October 2 peak.
nikkei 225 bear_0.jpg

Meanwhile, the broader Topix index - which had already entered a bear market from its January 2018 highs - plunged even more, dumping over 4.3% and was trading at levels last seen in November 2016, as more than 2 years of gains have been largely wiped out in just the past 3 months as the Christmas Eve rout launched in the US goes global.
topix 12.24.jpg

Source: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12- ... ear-market
With s&p 500 poised to test its massive 10 years old trend line of bull market this is just a beginning for global markets. !!

mlawson71 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:45 am I barely watch that index and I totally missed that crash. :o
Man it went kaboom & transgender people were screaming like ahhh! Jakooleh jakooleh.........

Now everything's back to normal..............
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:24 am

Man it went kaboom & transgender people were screaming like ahhh! Jakooleh jakooleh.........

:wtf:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

moey_dw wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:24 am

for those who are not in the market everything is back to normal, for those who are in active positions, market internals and bull sentiment is long gone ,,,to ,,, santa,, after big santa month down candle. a one of a kind santa month down candle not seen in decades.

rijay wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:36 pm for those who are not in the market everything is back to normal, for those who are in active positions, market internals and bull sentiment is long gone ,,,to ,,, santa,, after big santa month down candle. a one of a kind santa month down candle not seen in decades.
On th WoT, a German trader fairy over a month ago, two guys on a stage jumped through stocks, mostly tech-stocks from the US, Germany and China and my friend and I noticed the same. All stocks showed downside for 1-3 months, a small move still, but all at the same time? They still hoped for the end-year-rally in DAX. We didn't. I mean, economy and chart told the same story and when fundamental and technical analysis agree, the possibility is extremely small that they are wrong.

Krelian99 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:26 pm

On th WoT, a German trader fairy over a month ago, two guys on a stage jumped through stocks, mostly tech-stocks from the US, Germany and China and my friend and I noticed the same. All stocks showed downside for 1-3 months, a small move still, but all at the same time? They still hoped for the end-year-rally in DAX. We didn't. I mean, economy and chart told the same story and when fundamental and technical analysis agree, the possibility is extremely small that they are wrong.
many european markets started going down much earlier then s&p 500, it is that s&p 500 have started correcting only now,

yesterday's bounce in s&p 500 was because it hit the 50 ema on monthly charts(13 ema on quarterly charts) , that is very important moving average that demarcates a bull market and upcoming recession,(break of this moving average will also generate sell signal on quarterly charts),, below that moving average also lies massive trend line -- 10 years old for the entire bull market, that is yet to be tested.

though s&p 500 has hit 50 ema on monthly chart , 30 years bond prices of US, are still far away from its 50 ema on monthly charts,

there is massive bond buying going on in us bonds after sometime, as people are locking in with the yields rate available, meaning they are factoring in lower interest rates environment in future,

so till bond buying does not hit that 50 ema on monthly chart, we are not at bottom on s&p 500,(with such a high vix), so i will not be surprised to see dow tanking 1000 points today only, and bond prices again moving higher again today and yields falling again .

till that massive 10 year trend line is intact we are still in bull run. but price action is very robust on downside and if this earning season disappoints then surely break of this trend line is on the cards after a good fight at this trend line.