Re: Ehlers Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 pm The (FIR) Finite Impulse Response by John Elhers was kindly coded by Vladamir and re-coded as a non-repainting indicator by Mladen a few years ago.

Although it may not look like something very interesting, it deserves a place in our Ehlers' Thread for those who are followers of his teachings.
It is noted that John Ehlers favorite FIR filter had 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 0 coefficients.

As explained by Vlad:
This moving average smooths the prices of the selected digital filter. In fact, the filter is the same (ideal low pass filter), and there are several approximations of its impulse response. These approximations are selected by the Window input variable.

Attached below is the indicator and also the article which talks about Non Linear Filters.
I wasn't sure if it was just me but the pic for this confirms it too. There's no line drawn for the previous 10 bars. Is this an error or how is this usable without recent data for the indicator?

Thanks,

EJ

Autocorrelation Periodogram

Autocorrelation Periodogram by J.Ehlers

I'm not sure this indicator has been posted yet. i've seen other versions that look different so i converted it from LUA coding language

I think i didn't make mistakes but if some moderator can look at my code briefly that would be great

basically it looks at market cycles, so you can use the result of the indicator and replace your favourite indicators' period with the output value.

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
paroucia

Re: Ehlers Indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:41 pm ehlers fisher transform fl
Changed out Dynamic zones with a choice of floating levels and or quantile bands - extended to 22 prices - show eft signal line true/false option - thanks to mrtools :)
already posted within DZ thread
Dear mrtools,

Could you please make this indicator MTF ?

hope the request is not a duplicate. Haven't found dz/fl mtf fisher transform.

thanks

cheers :)