Re: Design your own System like the Pros Do

A great thread by a seasoned trader and a good man!
Thank you B for sharing your many years of knowledge here :clap:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

AussieBeau wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:12 am Hi Sal,
Happy to hear that , are you up to exercise 3?
All my exercise files include both source and ex4
Sal, this is not about grabbing indicators to put on trading systems..these are pure visual for you to learn to trade
AussieBeau
yes. and sorry source file is available. Its my mistke..
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Guys,
If you are onto exercise 4, congratulations , it means so far you have made 40 pips profit,
After completing this exercise, it will be 60 pips profit in 1 week=240 pips profit per month.
No,really,I mean you should be proud of yourself...look how you did it..with nothing more than the most basic of visual aids and the most important indicator of them all, your brain!.

Ok lets get onto exercise 4
There is one other important thing that a trader needs to watch..
you need to watch other time frames right.
Some traders put on mtf indicators of stoch rsi macd cci ma etc. or even open up charts
For this exercise we are not doing that,we are using a visual aid.
old school mtf fractals..
Now to learn and train our brain, remember our eyes go from one indicator to the other, like I explained at exercise 2.
So here is your new template and indicator
AussieBeau P.S
I will be giving you the final exercise 5 later on today
On a side note..look at price at 124 fib extension on this chart-this is your new template
These users thanked the author AussieBeau for the post:
Frango

Hi AB....I have no clear conception what the fractal MTF is telling. I can see grey dots and then once in a while a green and then all of a sudden a lot of greens that may disappear the same way....... I was expecting that it tells when a new fractal appears at any TF. As far as I can see, that't not the fact. Can you please explain, please. Thanks!
Besides, thank you for all your effort. I'm not a New Trader and sticking to my own chart, I'm trading quite well. Over time we obviously get stuck in a certain way of thinking. Never thought it would be that hard to adjust the brain. I'm seriously trying. It's a good exercise!

RplusT wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 am Hi AB....I have no clear conception what the fractal MTF is telling. I can see grey dots and then once in a while a green and then all of a sudden a lot of greens that may disappear the same way....... I was expecting that it tells when a new fractal appears at any TF. As far as I can see, that't not the fact. Can you please explain, please. Thanks!
Besides, thank you for all your effort. I'm not a New Trader and sticking to my own chart, I'm trading quite well. Over time we obviously get stuck in a certain way of thinking. Never thought it would be that hard to adjust the brain. I'm seriously trying. It's a good exercise!
Hi RplusT,
Thank you for this post!!
I was wondering who would be the first to ask.
I will post 2 pics now..they have just been taken..EURUSD15 and EURUSDH1.
They are showing the H1 green and all the others silver
I am sure they will clear things up.
I am not feeling that well at the moment..in a few hours,I will put a post that will explain all.
AussieBeau
It shows that the green bull fractal on H1 is higher than the previous bull fractal
It shows that the price is ranging between the previous bull and bear fractals on m15

Thank you AB, that does indeed clear up the issue. The consequence of this alert is, that a trader will look further to the left for clues of the next Bear/Bull engagements i.e. S/R. I mark those in advance anyway.

I don't recommend to use the EURUSD pair though (first lesson)....lol....just kidding! Get better soon! No need to stress yourself attending the forum.

Hi Guys,
This will be my last training post..no more ramblings I promise.
Please take in this final bit of information..re read if necessary.

When I started this thread,I made a contract with you.
That I would teach you how the pro traders make a system, if you did what I suggested...correct

I said the 3 things needed to be sucessfull were and i would teach you
1.Know the basics properly
2.Use your brain as the main indicator
3.Develop your own personal trading system

1.completed!
2.completed!
3.completed..my part of the bargain..you take over fully from here!

At every exercise you have been improving..right
You have retrained your thinking about what indicators you need and have been developing a trading confidence within
yourself.
You now know,how to read and decipher the charts,how the information needed needs to be collected and what the 5%
use (Brain..not an Indicator!) to decipher and make their decisions.

If you have adhered to my instructions and completed these 4 exercises,then you,my fellow trader, are at the stage, i would call 6%....only 1% from being in the successful 5%..
To enter the top 5% is completely now up to you (You have all the tools)..I said in my opening post,that I have had many
successful students..their level of success depends on 2 Questions
How much do I want to be successful?
How much effort am I willing to put into it?
Think about this,I am a uneducated man and I have made the top 5%,so why cant you?

A little bit about exercise 4,..It was the only exercise that I added an indicator to your chart and did not tell you what its
specific use was.

Most of you (not all, but most) would have been a bit frustrated,and confused..this was normal..why?
You see,right from the start all the indicators were placed strategically,so that your eyes could feed upon the info.
Now suddenly,you were confronted with indicator,without telling your brain how to interpret it as one.

Your brain would have read it like this:
go to fractals price line..check
go to volume..check
go to mtf fractal..What the X##$!
go to price/spread..must understand mtf fractal..go to mtf fractal
mtf fractal..X##$!..brain decipher 7 signals..brain use last known 7 signal mtf..check..go to price/spread
price/spread..go to brain
brain..too many indicators to make decision...go by a best guess.

The fractal mtf not only added mtf S/R but also mtf trend.

This is where we go from here my friend:
Make a copy of exercise 4 template..call it anything you want as this will be your personal base template that you will develop your system on.

You want a nice clean chart always with only the indicators you need
You already have your base exercise indicators on the chart.
You need to put a forex news indicator on it( i recommend FFcal
Any indicator you put on it,must be in a position,that your eyes feel comfortable,easy flowing
Choose a template color that you can watch without eye strain.(Jimmy the admin here,made and designed a beautiful green template for me..all kudos to Jimmy)
Choose a color scheme and use it on all your indicators eg: Blue or green say for up Bull color,red orange etc for down bear color..you get the idea..now this color scheme is important Why?
As your eyes go from indicator to indicator,your brain will much more faster process the up down bulls bears if they are color coded..I hope that made sense.

You have been trading your exercise visual chart indicators..think how hard it was to get your 20 pip profit..
What was the thing you noticed that was giving you the least amount of confidence when deciding a trade?
Was it S/R Volume Range etc?
This will be the first indicator you replace on your base design template...then demo trade with it and see how it fits with the others and if it gives your brain clearer data..if it does,then move on to the next weakness etc.
Keep on replacing the indicator til it fulfills your need. before moving to the next.
IMPORTANT: The indicator MUST work in with the other indicators or else it will just confuse your brain..OK
Tip:
I have found in 99% of times that what this first replacement needed is,is what your specific weakness is..remember i mentioned this earlier..this will be the thing you really need to work on.

Through out your whole future career,you will never need another system or template..every week,assess your trade performance and try to increase your performance by replacing ANY indicator that is holding you back.

In Conclusion:
I wish to thank you all for doing this course..you will be a successful trader!!
I said that you could apply this system to any timeframe..all these indicators will adjust automatically to any time frame.
I said that you will be able to trade a blank chart (all the 5% can)..you will,,I will discuss later in the week.
I will be retiring from trading in 10 days..so will be able to answer questions next week only.
Please,over the week end, just reflect on what you have learnt
Once again, Thank You so much for letting me share this with You!!!!!

AussieBeau

Hi Guys,
I have noticed I made a mistake in my previous post..it reads like I want you to change your indicators each week..sorry
It should be this.
Every week assess your trade performance.
If its the same as previous...then see how you can improve your entries,exits etc..improve your skills
If its below your standard and you are having trouble with a specific thing,lets say S/R..first make sure that you have not let yourself slip into any bad habits...if its not your skills then look to changing the indicator.
Hope that makes sense

During the week,if I may, I would like to touch on things like exits entries stop loss take profit etc
As I only have next week
I will just post on what I think you might benefit from OK

AussieBeau