Re: XO - Indicators

valdecchio wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:29 pm ok now I'll read it ...
but if an indicator defines itself as NOT repaint ... why does the signal disappear, as shown by my screenshots?
If you have set the timeframe to Weekly MTF on a 1 Hour chart, of course the signal will appear and disappear throughout the WHOLE WEEK as this is how long the Weekly candle is OPEN for. And whilst the candle is OPEN, it's providing data to the indicator so that the indicator can calculate and plot it's readings etc.

A lot of new traders do not understand that in order for an indicator to move, it needs to gather information from PRICE (candles). Indicators do not dictate and tell price what to do.

Once the WEEKLY candle has CLOSED (at the end of the week), the MTF signal on the 1 Hour chart is locked in and will not change ever. This is the definition of non-repainting.

Please read the link I sent you.

There is no such thing as higher timeframe MTF and locking in signals while the higher timeframe MTF candle is still OPEN

Why? Because the indicator is constantly calculating and plotting it's calculations whilst that higher timeframe candle is open.

Hopefully this helps you understand how things work.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
Banzai, Tzamo, som3nam3, RodrigoRT7, ChuChu Rocket, Forexlearner, kvak
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Kiwi wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:01 am

Hello Mr Tools,

I'm finding this indicator slow down my MT4 rather badly. Any chance you could have a look and see if it designed to works on latest MT4 build.

XO - mtf & alerts - choosable symbol ( 2 in 1 + arrows ).mq4

Many thanks
Everything seems good to me, code wise, not sure what the problem could be.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Kiwi

mntiwana wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 10:22 pm XO clean_mtf + alerts + lines 2
Eternal upgraded - mtf - alerts - lines - user friendly
I use this indicator for Expert advisor.
I call its buffers as follow

Code: Select all

double xxoup = iCustom(NULL,0,"XO clean_mtf + alerts + lines 2",TimeFrame1,0,0);
double xxodn = iCustom(NULL,0,"XO clean_mtf + alerts + lines 2",TimeFrame1,1,0);

if(   xxoup >0 && xxodn == 0 ) return(buy);

if( xxoup == 0 && xxodn < 0  )  return(sell);          

But in real running ,it has false signals .I run with 1DAY timeframe in 1HR chart .
In up signal ,all buy and Down signal all sell.
But sell also open in up signals.vise versa.
Why it happen.
Can someone help me.

If anyone has time, consider making an ATR XO for colored bars, where if it is a small xo the bars are grey, and a large XO they are fully colored. If you were super ambitious you could gradate the color by how big the xo got.

I really like fat full size trend colors, if you do please add a color for them :)
"Perfect" systems are generally fragile...

Hi there.

I am encountering a problem with the XO - mtf alerts-choosable symbol (2 in 1 + arrow) when using it in higher TF. If I select higher TF in the indicator on my current TF chart, the histogram seems not working. But when i refresh it, it will calculate/adjust the previous trade history. I am getting somethin like this as shown in the picture.......... (The first subwindow is XO on current time frame, the second SW is XO set on H1 TF)

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the code? How can this be fixed?
Attachments

vhagwie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 am Hi there.

I am encountering a problem with the XO - mtf alerts-choosable symbol (2 in 1 + arrow) when using it in higher TF. If I select higher TF in the indicator on my current TF chart, the histogram seems not working. But when i refresh it, it will calculate/adjust the previous trade history. I am getting somethin like this as shown in the picture.......... (The first subwindow is XO on current time frame, the second SW is XO set on H1 TF)

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the code? How can this be fixed?
There is no need to create difficulties for yourself. Take the 4TF indicator. Open the "Settings" tab. Leave as many TFs as you need: 4, 3 or 2.