IdeaRe: Various indicators

reachme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:52 am

If i remember correctly it will not repaint but it will be 2 candles delayed.
i've searched the internet and found this:

TTM Scalper Indicator - A Few Key Points:
[*]The TTM Scalper Indicator is a visual way to help determine whether to buy or sell against a pivot level.
[*]The TTM Scalper Indicator white Paint bar marks a "pivot high" or "pivot low." This is done after 3 higher closes or 3 lower closes. The faster the time frame, the faster the confirmation.
[*]The TTM Scalper Indicator measures the price action when you trade market.

It's more or less like fractals in my opinion.

Re: Various indicators

Some descriptive lines by our old TSD fellow "John Last"
regarding TTM Bars
John Last : This is TTM bars with SSA end - pointed engine. Unfortunately, this is not a reliable holy grail, from time to time repaints occur that is why I recommend to use higher level of lag bars ans low level of computations. Even if SSA end - pointed does not have a future leak this is due to some defect in the code of the TTM.

That is why the screen shot here is not when I apply but I have used the Strategy tester where I plot bar per bar. When the current bar is calculated and is plotted the already plotted bars are not changes. You may need more lag SSA bars in order to achieve a smoother result. The same if you apply less computations SSA computations you would achieve smoother results.

More lag SSA bars: Smoother results

Less lag SSA bars: Sharper results

More number of compuations: Sharper result

Less number of computations: Smoother results

Installation: If you have the SSA end - pointed libraries do not update them they are the same. I put the libraries for ease of installation.

Trading strategy.

I did not define yet, you can replace them in any strategy with coloured bars of your choice. Maybe we should consider a strategy when there will be an entry at the change of bar colour at the close. In that way we can use an optimizer to find out what are the best parameters, and we will find if we have a robust solution. Anyway it looks nice on the chart.

SSA what is it?

Most if you have followed the big journey of the use of SSA. Check the Wikipedia:

SSA is a nonparametric spectral estimation method based on embedding a time series X(t): t = 1,N in a vector space of dimension M. SSA proceeds by diagonalizing the lag-covariance matrix of X(t) to obtain spectral information on the time series, assumed to be stationary in the weak sense.

Basically this indicator is an idea how we can use this scientific tool as a technical analysis instrument. You do not need to understand in depth what SSA is, you need to understand what it does. It decomposie the time series and then reconstruct them.

Singular Spectrum Analysis (SSA) is a method that takes all the variability in a series and breaks it into a few oscillation patterns that we refer to as eigenvectors. It also gives a measure of significance of these patterns or eigenvalues.

“Eigen” is a German word, which roughly translates to “characteristic”. Eigenvectors are structure functions that best represent the modes of behavior in price. The eigenvalues are a measure of the variance that these modes account for. The eigenvectors can be ordered by eigenvalue, highest to lowest, so that the first few patterns retain most of the variance in the data. The ordered eigenvalues are referred to collectively as the Singular Spectrum.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: Various indicators

TTM_ Ssa Bars
"SSA of price" indicator needs to work TTM SSA Bars
"libSSA" dll file also required within library folder
Dont forget,indicators,i means any indicator based on and using "SSA" can repaint - also it takes a lot of computer resources so better option when trying on with limit bars
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.