Re: 4 Time Frame and All TFs Indicators

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:46 am 4 time frame xo.
image_175845.gif
Dear mrtools
XO indicator one of the most used one on my charts, however, I would appreciate if you may modify the indicator such that it will be possible to chose BoxPeriod values for each time frame as the following:

Code: Select all

extern string TimeFrame1            = "Current time frame"
extern string TimeFrame2            = "next1";
extern string TimeFrame3            = "next2";
extern string TimeFrame4            = "next3";
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame1              = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame2             = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame3              = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame4              = 6.5;
Therefore I can change the value of the BoxPerod for each time frame

My regards

talaate wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:00 pm Dear mrtools
XO indicator one of the most used one on my charts, however, I would appreciate if you may modify the indicator such that it will be possible to chose BoxPeriod values for each time frame as the following:
extern string TimeFrame1 = "Current time frame"
extern string TimeFrame2 = "next1";
extern string TimeFrame3 = "next2";
extern string TimeFrame4 = "next3";
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame1 = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame2 = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame3 = 6.5;
extern double BoxPeriod for TimeFrame4 = 6.5;

Therefore I can change the value of the BoxPerod for each time frame

My regards
Talaat E.

Wouldn't that be breaking the logic of the 4 time frame (or all time frame) indicators?
I mean, we would be comparing things on different time frames that can not be compared. I think that it is better to keep the 4-time-frame series as is and use some of the multi time frame indicators (and multi instances of it) for different periods and settings.

mladen wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:50 pm Talaat E.

Wouldn't that be breaking the logic of the 4 time frame (or all time frame) indicators?
I mean, we would be comparing things on different time frames that can not be compared. I think that it is better to keep the 4-time-frame series as is and use some of the multi time frame indicators (and multi instances of it) for different periods and settings.
dear mladen
ok no problem, but Is it possible to modify the attached indicator to be just straight histogram like the figure: many thanks your reply

talaate wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 pm dear mladen
ok no problem, but Is it possible to modify the attached indicator to be just straight histogram like the figure:
02.png

XO - mtf + alerts 3_1.mq4

many thanks your reply
:)

Will be made
In the mean time : here is the 4 time frame version with a small upgrade. Made the time frame choices user friendly (it was about time that we have a user friendly choices for cases like that - the "next time frames") - so now we don't have to remember how to get those time frames

talaate wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 pm I guess you understand why I asked my new request, I was totally exposed :) :P
:)
More upgrades
- upgraded that mtf version to use user friendly time frames (with the addition of automatic next time frames
- and the histogram version of it

These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 3):
navid110, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

CCI Bars
CCI Bars m v1
CCI Bars v3 nmc

Though these do not belongs to all TFS kind indicators but to Dash Board Indicators,even then i am posting here in respect to "Cja" our old member and contributor,thanks to him :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.