Re: OBV (On Balance Volume)

mrrabha wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:10 pm Hi mladen, I foward tested it on 1 min time frame of EURUSD. I kept the the time frame of OBV indicator as 15 min. And sadly it does repaints. Can you tell me what is happening.
Do not mix up multi time framing and repainting
Multi time frame must update all the data for the current still opened higher time frame bar. Otherwise it would repaint. That is not and never was repainting. I will repeat : that indicator does not repaint

mladen wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:20 pm Do not mix up multi time framing and repainting
Multi time frame must update all the data for the current still opened higher time frame bar. Otherwise it would repaint. That is not and never was repainting. I will repeat : that indicator does not repaint
Hi Mladen, Thanks again for your reply, but I am not clear about mtf, If its doesn't work then What is the point of having MTF option on any indicator?
I am A Renko User

mrrabha wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 pm Hi Mladen, Thanks again for your reply, but I am not clear about mtf, If its doesn't work then What is the point of having MTF option on any indicator?
Statements like that are rather usual when it comes to newbies hence I recommend you the following : please take some time and study how and what any multi time frame is working. I am quite sure that after a couple of months of actual usage of anything from TA and studying what are you doing with the analysis the things are going to be clear. There is no 5 minute crash course and there is no shortcut to learning. All the best

MagnifyVolume Flow Indicator + MTF + Alerts

Apologies if this is a repost but I'd like to share the Volume Flow Indicator with MTF and Alerts.

At first glance it doesn't seem like a very useful indicator but upon further research this is one of those hidden gems.
According to my findings the Volume Flow Indicator was first introduced by Markos Katsanos and is based on the popular On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator.

A simplified interpretation of the Volume Flow Indicator is:

• Indicator above the Zero line indicate a strong bullish state.
  • Indicator below Zero line indicate a strong bearish state.
  • A reliable trade signal is said to be the crossing of the Zero line which is a major signal for a BUY or SELL signal.
  • The strongest signal with all money flow indicators is of course divergence so keep an eye out for it.
  • Markos Katsanos himself suggests using a "0.2" coefficient for day trading and "0.1" for intra-day.

For further reading and studies on the Volume Flow Indicator please download the PDF below.

Mladen edit : The Vlume Flow Indicator was already made by me but this version is some what changed - difference is that this version allows "pre smoothing" - the idea was to check if the value can be smoother but without lag - it seems to be working OK, (see the lower example in picture 2 for comparison - the difference is obvious)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

CodeOBV Trend Trading System

Mntiwana posted these two indicators on TSD a few years ago (if my memory serves me correctly) to help with a member's request.
In his screenshot was the "OBV2.01 nmc" set of indicators with an MTF setting of 60 minutes on the 15 minute chart. This particular combination of indicators caught my eye back then so I back-tested and then forward-tested this simple and clean strategy on a small live trading account trading 0.01 lots and found it to be one hell of a solid trend trading strategy!

Please give it a go. You won't be disappointed especially if you're trying to gain basic experience in catching trends and swing trading.

Here I have attached the complete set of indicators and a template with the Faded Background, Spread Display and Market Hours etc. to get you going.
Be sure to turn alerts on or leave them off if preferred. Keep the other indicator's settings on default!

If you need any help or have any issues please let us know.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
kam44, taipan, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Re: Volume Flow Indicator + MTF + Alerts

Jimmy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 pm Apologies if this is a repost but I'd like to share the Volume Flow Indicator with MTF and Alerts.

At first glance it doesn't seem like a very useful indicator but upon further research this is one of those hidden gems.
According to my findings the Volume Flow Indicator was first introduced by Markos Katsanos and is based on the popular On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator.

A simplified interpretation of the Volume Flow Indicator is:
  • Indicator above the Zero line indicate a strong bullish state.
  • Indicator below Zero line indicate a strong bearish state.
  • A reliable trade signal is said to be the crossing of the Zero line which is a major signal for a BUY or SELL signal.
  • The strongest signal with all money flow indicators is of course divergence so keep an eye out for it.
  • Markos Katsanos himself suggests using a "0.2" coefficient for day trading and "0.1" for intra-day.

AUDJPYH1VF.png

Mladen edit : The Vlume Flow Indicator was already made by me but this version is some what changed - difference is that this version allows "pre smoothing" - the idea was to check if the value can be smoother but without lag - it seems to be working OK, (see the lower example in picture 2 for comparison - the difference is obvious)

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for posting the Volume flow indicator. I have downloaded it and put it on mt4 chart (WITH latest mt4 edition) but it failed to display anything on Chart. May be this version is not compatible with the newest build. Appreciate you can share the latest mt4 latest build (v1090).

taipan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 pm Hi Jimmy, Thanks for posting the Volume flow indicator. I have downloaded it and put it on mt4 chart (WITH latest mt4 edition) but it failed to display anything on Chart. May be this version is not compatible with the newest build. Appreciate you can share the latest mt4 latest build (v1090).

No worries bro. Fixed it for MT4 1090.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
taipan, Antonio, RomanUkraine

taipan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for posting the Volume flow indicator. I have downloaded it and put it on mt4 chart (WITH latest mt4 edition) but it failed to display anything on Chart. May be this version is not compatible with the newest build. Appreciate you can share the latest mt4 latest build (v1090).
Aside from what jimmy helped you,posted the corrected working version on same post you are referring to
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: OBV (On Balance Volume) post #

Hello Jimmy,
thanks very much for sharing the "volume flow indicator mtf 2.1 ex4" also the the "mq4" version on post # 35
but my question is: was it by purpose that you did show 2 identical versions in your post? why?

I thougth you would show one for the Main-chart, and another one for the Subwindow? (because you loaded 2 identical versions)

I am looking for the main-chart - version (one plus - and one minus-version) like in the picture.

Thanks Schwarz