Re: Cumulative Volume Experiment

Beastie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:49 am Hi Msquared,

That's correct. In the colour scheme I've used, which seems more obvious to me than the defaults (unless I'm reading it completely wrong), the red and green lines can cross all they want but if the blue line isn't angling up, it's inconsequential.

Again, I'm only early testing the concept and settings so I'm not wedded to the idea, just playing. See what you can come up with!
Here is my experiment. I used Volume diff instead of cumulative volume and azzx volume indicator with arrows and alerts. Let us test.
attached indicators and template.

Note -- Forgotten to attach moving average. updated rar file.
These users thanked the author alpha24 for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Beastie, Jozo
Complexity Is The Enemy Of Execution

Jimmy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:30 pm Cumulative Volume Experimental Template (Beastie) MT4

This is neat and it's an interesting concept, thank you for taking the time to post it up my friend.

I'll attach this template for others who would like to try the idea out, too. I'm still having a play around with it, but it's really nice to see a unique idea like this. Have I got the settings right in the template according to the colors?
A little addition from my side..
These users thanked the author Deez for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA, vvFish, Beastie, pipsquirrel

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

A bit from me, maybe a bit subjective but lately I am experimenting with cumulative volume indi, following the magenta, and waiting for the pullback from the oscillator...
These users thanked the author charli for the post (total 3):
Beastie, Chickenspicy, pipsquirrel
Make your own rules and stick to it.
post1295534498.html#p1295534498 post1295534500.html#p1295534500

josi wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:35 pm Beastie, my man, very long time no hear...
thanks for your post!
Hope you are doing fantastically well...
and have reached the 10 million threshold...
[whatever happened to the TMA-channel and EURGBP?]
Hi Josi,

How you doing? I miss our chats, I don’t know if you blocked PMs but I tried to message you a few times maybe a year-or-so ago and it seemed like it was blocked, perhaps you got bored of my TMA chat :-)

I still only trade one market at a time though no longer EURGBP, and after a significant break from TMA's I've been experiementing with them once again - will probably regret it :D
These users thanked the author Beastie for the post:
josi

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:13 pm Hi CloudyMG, thanks for posting the .mq4 file. I've been toying around with this lately and was looking for an .mq4 file so I could ask Mr Tools if he could possibly make it so the histogram in 'combined' mode is two colour, and add a full list of average options with slope-change colouring for experimenting with...and the good people of Forex-Station come through with the goods yet again!

Would that be possible please Mr Tools?
Hello Beastie , Thanks For the reply , Can you post the Cumulative Indicator in The Picture you show? i downloaded it and doesnt have any MA on it , i'd be thankfull if you did , im trying to find a way to use it to know whether the market is ranging or not instead of a buy or sell signal indicator
Thanks Alot Again

CloudyMG wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:02 pm Hello Beastie , Thanks For the reply , Can you post the Cumulative Indicator in The Picture you show? i downloaded it and doesnt have any MA on it , i'd be thankfull if you did , im trying to find a way to use it to know whether the market is ranging or not instead of a buy or sell signal indicator
Thanks Alot Again
Hi CloudyMG,

The MA isn't actually built in. If you load up the cumulative volume indi on the chart, then drag-and-drop a standard MT4 Moving Average onto the sub-window, a settings box will pop up. In the 'Apply to:' box use "First Indicator's Data". Then play around with the other settings :)

Hope that helps.
These users thanked the author Beastie for the post:
CloudyMG