Re: Trailing stop EA's

Tyson wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:13 am

Hi Mrtools, it is really wonderful thank you so much! Is it possible it can automatic place a buy/sell limit or stop at the trailing stop?

If my computer is shut down, will this EA still do its job automatically or the computer needs to be always turn on ?
Your computer needs to be running with MT4 open for EA to work.
These users thanked the author mades for the post:
Tyson

mrtools wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:00 am This is a trade manager ea that will automatically place your stop loss, take profit, trailing stop, and or break even. Remember you need to manually place your trades and the EA should do the rest according to the EA settings. Also it should only work on the symbols it is placed on, but please only test on a demo account before risking real money.
Hi Mrtools,

loving your trade manager sofar, especially the dynamic trailing stoploss based on the range highs/lows! I do have three things that you might consider experimenting with:

A) Set the stoploss option to override the the trailing stop loss in case trailing stop loss > stop loss seems this is in place already and i was blind

B) Dynamic take profit. Now this is more complicated but arguably also more intriguing. The way I can imagine is, that there are two basic ways to do it:

Ba) A dynamic Takeprofit based on a certain value, the best I can think of is a multiplier of a lookback period range (so it would take the whole period range and set the take profit as range * multiplier, example on 1H - period 24 multiplier 0.3 would take the 30% of range in the last 24 hours as tp value).

Now this can also be done two ways - first to have it set only once when you open the position and second, have it completely dynamic just as dynamic stoploss based on range.
What would happen if the ea would modify the TP value too? If the price starts trending it would widen the takeprofit (until hit) and if the price contracts and stays in range long enough to lower the stoploss, it would lower the takeprofit too. The idea is here, that if price stalls and stays in a small enough range long enough for stoploss to move closer, there is a good chance that price will actually reverse, but not before it (usually) tries the other side first (spring pattern). This option would require a minimum incremental amount of pips to change the takeprofit value in order to avoid spamming when the range widens.

Bb) The other way of doing dynamic takeprofit is to make it as a multiplier of dynamic stoploss value (until stoploss turns into takeprofit). So it would modify the takeprofit everytime it would modify the stoploss to keep the multiplier (ratio) to a certain value, with 1 being a 1:1 RRR.

C) The third, and most experimental optional setting for the EA would be stop & reverse function, so anytime price would hit stoploss set by the EA, it would reverse (setting dynamic or fixed sl/tp) and would keep reversing until the trade reaches TP.

I hope you'll continue updating this tool as I think especially for forex traders who have to trade many charts at once, it makes the life so much easier.

Hi Masters,

Could you please point me to or code an MT4 trade utility EA that manages multiple open trades via trailing stop/step. Option to manage trades with same Majic numbers. E.g if there are 12 trades open with same Majic number then once they hit breakeven or average price then trail from that point onwards in positive dollar amount. Thanks.

Cheers.

mrtools wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:50 am Updated this version to use the new format bb stops, need the indicator posted for the EA to work. Haven't tested it in a live market so please use with caution.

Would it be possible to create a version of this which uses keltner bands instead of bollinger?

I would be grateful if you could.

Chintzki wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:28 am Would it be possible to create a version of this which uses keltner bands instead of bollinger?

I would be grateful if you could.
Made a keltner stop and the kelner trailing stop EA. Need the keltner bands stop in your indicators folder for the EA to work.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Chintzki, TEAMTRADER, alexm, Sagiv, Panayiotis, kvak

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for the awesome work & efforts by all the moderators & coders here - quite amazing!

I got the attached Account Protector.mq4 source file from this Earnforex.

Looks to be very good but not compiling - I think it needs code updated to current MT4 version. Also it would be SUPER if function can be added so that X% of losing trades could be HEDGED when certain conditions are met according to settings (instead of just closing X% of losing position's volume.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance. Would be happy to make a small donation via PayPal.

Wishing everyone many green pips!

TN999

mrtools wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:28 am Made a keltner stop and the kelner trailing stop EA. Need the keltner bands stop in your indicators folder for the EA to work.

You're a beast.

Thank you endlessly.

I'm not saying you should ask for money but... if you happened to accidentally leave a crypto wallet link in your profile I think thankful traders may happen to accidentally leave crypto in it :eh: :sweat:
These users thanked the author Chintzki for the post:
TEAMTRADER

Dear mrtools,

Firstly, many many thanks for your incredible work here - very very much appreciated by all of us!!

Thank you for the Forex Station Trade Manager. Could you please very kindly add an option where instead of adjusting stop loss/trailing, EA instead places Buy/Sell Stops creating a hedging trade instead. I.e. hedging trades instead of hard stop losses. Also adding an option to specify a magic number for the manger EA would help to then manage these generated hedging trades. This would be of great assistance to my trading strategy.

What address do I make a donation to your PayPal account?

Wishing you and your loved ones great health, happiness and prosperity!

Very best & warmest wishes,
TN999

tn999 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:58 pm I got the attached Account Protector.mq4 source file from this web site;

Looks to be very good but not compiling - I think it needs code updated to current MT4 version.
It's not compiling because it needs two more files - Account Protector.mqh and Defines.mqh.

Hi Enivid,

Thanks for your reply. I did now try placing the below files in the MT4 Include folder as well as in the Expert folder and EA has now compiled OK & attaching to chart - i.e. seems to be working now. Thanks for your kind assistance!

Can anyone please kindly add the hedging option feature I mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks,
TN999