Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:54 pm what prevents you from adjusting the indicator yourself and looking for a fine line between lagging and false signals?
Language barriers, do not understand what you mean.

I think that in general, the parameters of indicator writers are carefully considered by them. In principle, these parameters are the most suitable and do not need to be modified.

However, people may have psychological selfishness and limitations, and always think that the author will keep one hand, and will not share the best things with others for free. Reflecting on the understanding of indicators, the author will think that the author will not share the best parameters or indicators free of charge. Therefore, I always want to modify the parameters of the original author. Ha ha.

Personally aiming at good indicators, I always want to reduce the number of signals sent out every day to 2-4 by adjusting the parameters or making necessary modifications.

There is no delay at all, but the price (or candlestick) itself.

Index, a statistical term, is a combination of the concept and its numerical value describing the quantitative characteristics of the "population". The essence of indicators is induction and statistics.
No matter what standard is used for induction and statistics, only "total" can be displayed, and "individual" is ignored.
There is no need to discuss these concepts.

viewtopic.php?f=579496&p=1295447081#p1295447081

What I want to say is: For example, XU v3-VQ 2 of master xard777 is undoubtedly a very good indicator, but due to too many signals, some signals are inevitably unprofitable (these signals themselves are not wrong! Just because Transaction costs are not profitable), so the signal needs to be reduced.

The method of reducing the signal is another problem.
Attachments

Regarding price, Master Mladen Rakic said in 2017 when he released the Smoothed Repulse indicator:

The Repulse indicator measures and displays the bullish or bearish pressure associated with each price candlestick in the form of a curve.

It is more relevant when compared to price and offers valuable additional information on the feeling and confidence that traders have about the markets.

It can be seen that in the opinion of Master Mladen Rakic, the Repulse indicator is more reasonable than the price.

This is why I like the Smoothed Repulse indicator. I have asked mrtools and kvak teachers to upgrade Smoothed Repulse.mq4 and Smoothed Repulse.mq5 in various ways. Ha ha.

However, there are a lot of people downloading the upgraded version of Smoothed Repulse on the forum, but no one has discussed them. Unfortunately. :thumbup:

original version:

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm Personal practice has shown that it is about all the same ... it's all about the settings. I would like to hear your authoritative opinion: which is better? If possible, a couple of examples
What many people who trade the Xard-system haven't understood - up to this day, I believe - is the fact that if you use the right MA you don't need VQ as it just represents the MA-cross (which you can see anyway if you look at price crossing MA).
What they do: they watch the MA and then check on the VQ (both, naturally, give the same signal because their maths is identical) and think: confluence.
Well, think a bit more, is my advice.
What we have now is extra lines which could ideally show support & resistance.
But as the indicator is based on an MA it does not and will not work during ranging periods (as everybody knows MAs don't work in ranges etc).
So, in this case, logic is better than examples.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, kvak, Borshchov A.N.

stereotomy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:44 am Hi Mr.tools or Mladen, or anyone else competent.

Can you please add crossover signals to the jurik smoothed random walk indicator?

This should be the singlemost best indicator I've ever used. All other indicators can only be as good as this one. It only lacks crossover alerts, that's it. Do you think it can be done?

Smoothed version is better, but I won't complain with the other one because I don't have mq4 for the jurik smoothed version.

Period of 10 and 5 smoothing works out for me the best in H4 and D1.

Thanks!
Alerts added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
stereotomy, A_5