Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Chris G wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 am

For some reason when I put the same settings on the original indicator 'Adaptive - jurik filter (mtf + alerts + fl's).ex4' (the yellow one) vs 'Jurik atr adaptive + atr bands.ex4', and the differ on calculations...any thoughts?
My thoughts are, please share your settings for both, because when i test them they are the same except for the bands.

Chris G wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:48 am

I tried to make both settings similar, and the result is what I have of both in the screen.
Okay not sure what is going on but try this version, along with the jurik atr adaptive atr bands and for me they are the same, except for the bands.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
gejmon1, thomdel, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:55 am

Okay not sure what is going on but try this version, along with the jurik atr adaptive atr bands and for me they are the same, except for the bands.
Thanks Mr. Tools, for some reason it shows kind of different even on default settings, but this new one doesn't show the ATR bands for some reason.
Attachments

I've been thinking about the use of short term overlapping range or possibly the number of rotations in a longer lookback period for adjusting adaptive sensitivity... The only thing I found relating to this was a simple overlappingbar% - but it might not be quite detailed enough information. Tangentially, has anyone seen an indicator that maps the market profile on a rolling scale?

What do you think of overlapping range as a contextual indicator?
"Perfect" systems are generally fragile...

mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:59 am

This is a bit of an upgrade on the pa trix, the regular one is using the regular adaptive ema this one is using an option for the regular adaptive ema or a faster adaptive ema from Mladen. The faster one (the top one in the pic) is still smooth, but noticeably faster.
Can this indicator be used to signal trends?