Re: Schaff Indicators for MT4

scarletPip wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 am Experts,
Please forgive my ignorance but I have been researching this topic everywhere and I expect this is the only place where I can receive a credible answer.

The Schaff indicator, as you know, is a combination of MACD and Stochastic. Investopedia makes an absurd claim about it. "Never before has an indicator been developed using a cycle component." I am sure this is untrue. I believe that the DSS Bressert is also a cyclic indicator, and in fact, the charts generated by them are similar in some aspects. DSS Bressert, uses, as its name implies, a double-smoothed stochastic, so they share their use of a stochastic indicator at least.

Can you tell me, am I right about Bressert, how is Schaff different from (or similar to?) Bressert and should I show a preference between them or are they useful for different purposes?

Thanks for your time.
Not much of an expert but would say your right both are cyclic.

DSS can be used in some different ways as Stochastic too, for STC I only know one.

There are often more indis for what you need it. Try a bit what fits best for your style, tf and so one. Generally, one can not say this is better than that. You always must rely on your opinion, don't listen too much to opinions to Gurus and also traders who trades 15 years or more are often stuck somewhere and make some fails. What is much more important than improving a strategy is discipline and proper MM. Some successful traders have poor strategies but excellent MM and much will power, they let no space for emotions, just trade their bad strategies. They put more effort in MM than in planing entry and exit. Beginners want super entries and good exits often signaled by indis, but fail to MM.

Care less about comparing indis, unless you are successful and just want to optimize your strategy.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 3):
moey_dw, AlexBello, RockRobb

Here is a re-post of the Non-lag Schaff Trend Cycle as previously posted here by moderator Mntiwana. As requested via PM, this version has been fixed for fixed for MT4 1090 display.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing display issues with this indicator.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
AlexLoco, moey_dw, heispark, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Grunya wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:19 am

Hi, mntiwana!
If it possible, can you add push notification for this indicator?
Try now though i am zero in coding matters
because you are far from north St Petersburg :)
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 2):
Grunya, 太虚一毫
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

chirvasamar wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:06 pm Hello everyone!!
I have this indi which mention Mladen in "about" tab.
Is there any updated version?
Is there a possibility to add arrows when color change ?
Thank you!!
Yes these are Mladen's codes,updated/extended by Mrtools
There are updated version of this but no one with arrows till now
Any way indicator name goes like this originally
"Schaff Trend Cycle of averages alerts nmc"
Almost with 20 Averaging methods (SMA,EMA,Double smoothed EMA,Double EMA (DEMA),Triple EMA (TEMA),Smoothed MA,Linear weighted MA,Parabolic weighted MA,Alexander MA,Volume weighted MA,Hull MA,Triangular MA,Sine weighted MA,Linear regression,IE/2,NonLag MA,Zero lag EMA,Leader EMA,Super smoother,Smoother)
and 7 usual prices
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
太虚一毫
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 pm
Yes these are Mladen's codes,updated/extended by Mrtools
There are updated version of this but no one with arrows till now
Any way indicator name goes like this originally
"Schaff Trend Cycle of averages alerts nmc"
Almost with 20 Averaging methods (SMA,EMA,Double smoothed EMA,Double EMA (DEMA),Triple EMA (TEMA),Smoothed MA,Linear weighted MA,Parabolic weighted MA,Alexander MA,Volume weighted MA,Hull MA,Triangular MA,Sine weighted MA,Linear regression,IE/2,NonLag MA,Zero lag EMA,Leader EMA,Super smoother,Smoother)
and 7 usual prices
Thank you for prompt reply!!
Regards,