Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

fxchampion wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 am Hope I have posted in the correct section - if not I am sorry. I have this indicator called "tma_centered_bands_mtf" as shown on image.
Is there anything out there that works almost the same but that have an alert feature that alerts when colors change on selected timeframe?

2020-01-29 16_34_47-tma_bands_.png
Hi, a 'centered' TMA means that it will recalculate the previous x number of bars on each new bar close which makes an alert unreliable.
Try this normal TMA with bands mtf and alerts;
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, fxchampion, Marktaylor58

fxchampion wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 am Hope I have posted in the correct section - if not I am sorry. I have this indicator called "tma_centered_bands_mtf" as shown on image.
Is there anything out there that works almost the same but that have an alert feature that alerts when colors change on selected timeframe?

2020-01-29 16_34_47-tma_bands_.png
I like this background it look good for eye
can you share template without indicator

Hi,

First of all, I would like to say thanks to this forum. I have been using TMA bands for a few months in my trading, and I would say it really a good tool to monitor and to trade follow the trend in my strategy.

Attached is the TMA indicator which I use until today. If no problem, I would like to get help to code, i've tried a few times but I can say that I don't know what I'm seeing & coding in the end :(

Just need to integrate TMA Centered Band with MA:

TMA Inputs:
--------------
Time Frame:
HalfLength:
Price:
ATRMultiplier:
ATRPeriod:
Interpolate:

MA Inputs:
-------------
Period:
Shift:
Ma method:
Apply:

Alerts:
-------------
Alerts & Arrow (non repaint arrow & non repeat alerts) :
When MA Cross upper Band: alert & arrow down
When MA Cross UP mid Band: alert & arrow down
When MA CrossDOWN mid Band: : alert & arrow up
When MA Cross lower Band : : alert & arrow up
Alert Message
Alert Sound
Notification
Email

I know TMA centered is repaint, just need to have (one time) alert & arrow with message (no repaint or non repeat alerts) only for the first time the MA crossed the the Bands, so I can start monitor and be in front of my PC instead waiting in front of my PC like till today.

If there any as mentioned above already been developed, hope anyone can share the link. Sorry for my english.
These users thanked the author moffaz for the post (total 2):
simontw, MayaxatL

Tspring wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 am Hi everyone, I tried to backtest this indicator and it doesn't seem to repaint. But the offline chart bands are painted different compared to those on the online chart. What kind of calculation method is it based on?
The code that I have seen of that indicator is it is the same as the recalculating/repainting TMA centered. The bands calculation is similar to a keltner channel.

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:45 am

The code that I have seen of that indicator is it is the same as the recalculating/repainting TMA centered. The bands calculation is similar to a keltner channel.
Thanks for the super fast reply. I've tested all the TMA indicators I found in this thread to see the different behavior of them, but this one doesn't recalculate even though its shape is identical to centered TMA. It seems that we have a reliable bands indicator to build strategies on, but is impossible to backtest it because the bands are drawn incorrectly. Do you know if there's a way to fix this problem?