Re: Heiken Ashi Exit Indicator

Jimmy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 pm Here is an old school Heiken Ashi "Exit" indicator from 2006 that was later optimized & improved by Mladen. Despite being over 13 years old and sitting dusty in our archives this indicator works well on the higher timeframes.

Try it and if you find it useful let us know :)
I fixed it to work with the new Metatrader build 1170.
version 1.2; changed MODE_OPEN to PRICE_OPEN and MODE_CLOSE to PRICE_CLOSE
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, heispark, RodrigoRT7

Re: Heiken Ashi Exit Indicator

Banzai wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 am I fixed it to work with the new Metatrader build 1170.
version 1.2; changed MODE_OPEN to PRICE_OPEN and MODE_CLOSE to PRICE_OPEN
Champion! Thanks Banzai! :clap:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

nathanvbasko wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm
HA_APB.ex4
Heres the latest version of Heiken Ashi ─ APB variation

Key updates:
─ Removed consolidation wicks color change to focus only on bullish & bearish wicks color change... and more importantly on this APB bars below. Besides, one can easily identify a consolidation or contraction phase using this tool. Hence, one sort of redundancy out of the equation. ─ HA Average Price line:  Smoothed ( Both avg price line & PAC channels have combined filters used, such as DSMA, HMA non-lag variation, TEMA ),
─ added MTF switch button, and
─ HA bars automatic body width adjustment (zoom in/out) without waiting for a tick data
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post (total 4):
^eagle^, vasp, Thangarasu, Jimmy
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

IdeaRe: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

I was thinking about a better formula for HA. Would it be possible to weight the current candles inputs? I am looking for a faster input to alert a color change based on the ATR of the current Candle. That is, If current candle moves against the trend ,say, >1 ATR it would begin to change faster than <1 ATR. That is weighting the current candle. I have an OHLC_HA that I like a lot. Unfortunately I only have the ex4 version and have never found the mql4 version. I would like that option as well so I can see the true candle shapes with the HA colors. I currently use My #OHLC_HA as an exit indicator. I wait for either two small close or one large candle (>1 ATR). Don't know if that is possible. In the meantime I will look at Synergy bars as they are along the lines of this concept.

edit: Yup. Synergy Pro APB is what I was looking for except I would like the bars to be regular candle sticks. Don't know if that could be done.

nathanvbasko wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Heres the latest version of Heiken Ashi ─ APB variation

Key updates:
─ Removed consolidation wicks color change to focus only on bullish & bearish wicks color change... and more importantly on this APB bars below. Besides, one can easily identify a consolidation or contraction phase using this tool. Hence, one sort of redundancy out of the equation.
HA_bar.jpg
─ HA Average Price line:  Smoothed ( Both avg price line & PAC channels have combined filters used, such as DSMA, HMA non-lag variation, TEMA ),
─ added MTF switch button, and
─ HA bars automatic body width adjustment (zoom in/out) without waiting for a tick data

HA_APB.ex4
Would it be possible to color regular Japanese Candlesticks with the color options of the APB bars? Maybe, In the drop menu where you input HA, Japanese CandleSticks, etc...? Also, I think the TF changer and the Symbol changer can be eliminated. Every time I try these types of indicators they put a drain on the CPU. I'm using a desktop with Gaming software and can run x plane on it. Ive just never had any luck with those things. I prefer the hotkeys.

^eagle^ wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:47 am

Would it be possible to color regular Japanese Candlesticks with the color options of the APB bars? Maybe, In the drop menu where you input HA, Japanese CandleSticks, etc...? Also, I think the TF changer and the Symbol changer can be eliminated. Every time I try these types of indicators they put a drain on the CPU. I'm using a desktop with Gaming software and can run x plane on it. Ive just never had any luck with those things. I prefer the hotkeys.
Not anymore as this is part of a v2v dynamic trading system >>> here: viewtopic.php?p=1295397690#p1295397690
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
^eagle^
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

Thanks to all who responded. After some searching mt4 market place I found Magic Candles FREE is suitable for what I was looking for. Thank you for your time. Since it is part of the mt4 marketplace I did not think it would be ok to post the indicator or the link here. It is a free indicator and does exactly what I want it to do.