Re: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

mrtools wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 am

The only thing I can think of causing the problem is in mt4 to make separate window candles they need to be made as objects and for some reason objects on mt4 use a lot of computer power. Only solution I can think of is to use less instances of the indicator.
I do have an idea. If the problem was just number of objects, I would simply use less instances and every added instance would slow down mt4 by appr. the same amount. But this is mostly noticeable during strong volatility periods, when the number of incoming ticks doubles/triples. So I guess it might have something to do with calculating the last (current) bar.

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 am

Been checking it, leaning toward it being the sorted values, but not sure yet.
Hey,
I decided not to use Hama indi anymore because it makes terminal unresponsive even with a slightly higher volatility. You don't need to examine it any more as I think noone else uses it on multiple windows like I did. Thanks for your time.

Jimmy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm Beautiful work.

Here is Dean Malone's "Synergy" Heiken Ashi bars or "Average Price Bars".
They are exactly the same as the traditional Heiken Ashi but I like these because they change colours and warn you of a possible reversal and the wicks change colour to Grey if the trend is becoming choppy or weak.

I used these years ago when I was new at trading and they helped a lot with trend trading. 

I've modified and removed the yellow price action channel that comes default so we can apply these to our own systems:
pls, can you make the synergry apb candle auto width by zooming in and out like the heiken ashi candle indicator i attached above. Thnaks

Hama Jurik
hama jurik histo
Hama stands for Heiken Ashi moving average
One more variation of Jurik though partially and a bit older too
This is a combo style on chart trend indicator,if selected jurik true then it will using Jurik if false then it will be using 4 basic MAs (sma,ema,smma,lwma) - better formula and step as an extra extensions,almost alerts included too
of course Mladen's/Mrtools creation
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, AlexLoco, Jedidiah
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.