Re: Does this indicator repaint?

Capital Reserve wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 am Hi, just wanted to know if this indicator repaints or not. I put it on the strategy tester in MT4 and the arrows would disappear and reappear and such so I think yes, but I could be wrong. Just want to make sure. Thank you!
yes same here, just checked about an hours worth of M1 chart data and couldn't see any repaint or back paint after bar close and no shift, add ins or removals on reset.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Jimmy

Ogee wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 am
yes same here, just checked about an hours worth of M1 chart data and couldn't see any repaint or back paint after bar close and no shift, add ins or removals on reset.
You and me have two totally different experiences then. I see repainting. I will show a photo. All the arrows drawn are BY ME by the way.

So the best way I can describe the photo and chart is the blue circle towards the bottom with the little red arrow I drew is where the arrow is SUPPOSED to be for the buy signal. The little red arrow above it on the bar with the yellow circle is the moment I got the alert that the trend changed to a buy. More than 6 full bars later and that bar that was supposed to be at the bottom is NOT there. In fact, the trend isn't a buy at all, it's still down. If this isn't repainting, I don't know what is. Where the buy arrow at the bottom is supposed to be, it showed up for 30 seconds here, 30 seconds there, but disappeared.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments

Capital Reserve wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:29 am

You and me have two totally different experiences then. I see repainting. I will show a photo. All the arrows drawn are BY ME by the way.

So the best way I can describe the photo and chart is the blue circle towards the bottom with the little red arrow I drew is where the arrow is SUPPOSED to be for the buy signal. The little red arrow above it on the bar with the yellow circle is the moment I got the alert that the trend changed to a buy. More than 6 full bars later and that bar that was supposed to be at the bottom is NOT there. In fact, the trend isn't a buy at all, it's still down. If this isn't repainting, I don't know what is. Where the buy arrow at the bottom is supposed to be, it showed up for 30 seconds here, 30 seconds there, but disappeared.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
just repeating the reply to your PM here,
Ok, It looks like you have activated the multi time frame function and have it set to a higher period, if that's the case what presumably is happening is the signal will be for the higher time frame and so will not be stamped until the higher time frame candle has closed. Try turning off the 'Alerts on current (still opened) bar' to 'False'.