Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:12 am Sorry haven't been able to figure out how to do it, sometimes with this coding language can figure it out easily other times not so much.
Thank you Mr. Tools for your efforts.
It's okay, I understand.
If only add a percentage value to the Bollinger Bandwidth Histogram.
is it possible? <3
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:41 am Yeah, but then you have the percent bb, that I showed you earlier.
But this Percent - BB and Bollinger Bandwidth histogram are not the same indicator.
My idea is to want the Bollinger Bandwidth Histogram to add a percentage value.
Dear Mr. Tools, Can this be achieved?
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:13 am Not that I know of.
Well, if could add percentages.
This is useful for judging trends
Attachments

Mrtools,

Do you think there's a way to pull the buffer value of an indicator and create external alerts with an outside program? Could something like an AutoHotKey script work? There's so many ex4 without alerts and no source code but the buffer value is clearly visible in the data window. I don't understand why MT4 requires us to jump through hoops without the source code.

Apologies if this is off-topic.

ETFOptionsTrader wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:55 am Mrtools,

Do you think there's a way to pull the buffer value of an indicator and create external alerts with an outside program? Could something like an AutoHotKey script work? There's so many ex4 without alerts and no source code but the buffer value is clearly visible in the data window. I don't understand why MT4 requires us to jump through hoops without the source code.

Yes, you can make a custom indicator to call the ex4, that can draw arrows make alerts, etc.

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 am Yes, you can make a custom indicator to call the ex4, that can draw arrows make alerts, etc.
Do you need full iCustom code (symbol, timeframe, name, all parameters, etc) in order to do this? The .ex4 I want to do this for has I think 40 different parameters, and I'm not sure how to write them.
Essentially I'm wondering if it's possible, with just the name of the indicator and the buffer value, to have a secondary indicator or EA, or external program, generate the alerts.

Hello friends

Would it be possible to convert this ZIGZAG NRP indicator into a multi-currency and multi-chart version? That is, to detect when the indicator draws a new line on any currency or chart, giving an alert?

You could configure what time frame we want the detections on the charts, and what currencies in external settings.

It would even be possible to create a robot with it.

Well, this is a section for ideas and requests and this is one.

If possible, thanks in advance, and it would be useful for many in this forum.
These users thanked the author pin12 for the post (total 2):
W35, Jedidiah

ETFOptionsTrader wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:55 am Mrtools,

Maybe this: See viewtopic.php?p=1295484645#p1295484645