Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

TransparentTrader wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:20 am I'm not quite sure I understand this.

Is this a modified solar wind indicator where repainting is turned off and the smoothing is turned off, or do you have to do this yourself in the settings?

And have you forward-tested this to confirm the arrows don't repaint/recalculate?
the smoothing is the cause of its repainting, i put it in the strategy tester never repainted on sefc which is basically the same thing but will test solar
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:38 am this one did the best in strategy tester , looks the same as other but it is better some reason 1 smooth

oh and put chat@EliteAdvisor in telegram setting for it to work
Anything else I need to do, such as allowing DLL imports and modifying the settings?

If I followed your instructions correctly, this is what I should see in the settings of the indicator:

http://imgur.com/a/JnpLRM9

And this is what it looks like on the chart, where I assume all of the past data is exactly how it would have loaded in a live forward-testing scenario:

http://imgur.com/a/XzkDdr9

PS - I'm a long-time lurker but a first-time poster. How do you guys normally upload images to your forum posts?
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
Chickenspicy

TransparentTrader wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:53 am Anything else I need to do, such as allowing DLL imports and modifying the settings?

If I followed your instructions correctly, this is what I should see in the settings of the indicator:

And this is what it looks like on the chart, where I assume all of the past data is exactly how it would have loaded in a live forward-testing scenario:

PS - I'm a long-time lurker but a first-time poster. How do you guys normally upload images to your forum posts?
yes but it still has small recalculation very small almost exact recalc as the rsi over 50 , i think they might be the exact same thing now
i would put rsi 14 over this to make sure its above

i just upload from my pictures folder thats all
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1

chickensword wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:56 am yes but it still has small recalculation very small almost exact recalc as the rsi over 50 , i think they might be the exact same thing now

i just upload from my pictures folder thats all
I'll look out for the small recalculation if I have time to test out the indicator tomorrow. I hope it's not a deal-breaker to the point where we are back to square one.

Also just figured out how to upload pictures. I was silly enough not to scroll down and see the option to not only add attachments but also insert them within a post.
Chickenspicy

chickensword wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:54 am this could be rsi

I just put your DJRock v2.2. indicator on a 5-point Renko chart for NAS100 (i.e. 11700 -> 11705) with your suggested settings and then put the RSI (Period = 14) over the DJRock indicator.

I truly hope the recalculation is as small as you say it is, because so far I don't see a single losing trade. The smallest win is 5 points in ranging markets and yet this indicator setup allows you to squeeze all the juice out of a long-standing trend without a premature exit.

I hope I'm not getting too over-excited about this. Your findings could be a scalper's literal Holy Grail if they just spend the morning and afternoon buying and selling exactly when DJRock + RSI tell you to.

@chickensword, let me know if you decide to continue foward-testing this setup. If you do, could you possibly take some pictures that show to what degree recalculating occurs?
Chickenspicy

TransparentTrader wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:28 am

I just put your DJRock v2.2. indicator on a 5-point Renko chart for NAS100 (i.e. 11700 -> 11705) with your suggested settings and then put the RSI (Period = 14) over the DJRock indicator.

I truly hope the recalculation is as small as you say it is, because so far I don't see a single losing trade. The smallest win is 5 points in ranging markets and yet this indicator setup allows you to squeeze all the juice out of a long-standing trend without a premature exit.

I hope I'm not getting too over-excited about this. Your findings could be a scalper's literal Holy Grail if they just spend the morning and afternoon buying and selling exactly when DJRock + RSI tell you to.

@chickensword, let me know if you decide to continue foward-testing this setup. If you do, could you possibly take some pictures that show to what degree recalculating occurs?
yep!
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1