Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

naluvs01 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:57 am Quick question...how can I get more historical information. I would like to backtest. When I switch it on the 4HR, I only get 2 weeks...thanks!!!
naluvs01,

I tried to make something about it, and Im useless here, sorry.
The only way I found to upload more bars, is to max zoom out chart and reload that indicator.

Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
Sergei

Csj179t wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:45 pm naluvs01,

I tried to make something about it, and Im useless here, sorry.
The only way I found to upload more bars, is to max zoom out chart and reload that indicator.

Hope that helps!
Brokers only supply historical data in packets, x amount of 1 min, and x amount of 5 min, and x amount of 15 min etc ...

The only way to get more than the broker supplies is to use a 3rd party.

Try Histdata.com

Ogee wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 pm Brokers only supply historical data in packets, x amount of 1 min, and x amount of 5 min, and x amount of 15 min etc ...

The only way to get more than the broker supplies is to use a 3rd party.

Try Histdata.com
naluvs01 wrote:
Hi Ogee,

Thanks for the info on getting the historical data!!! In some cases it's really usefull, but naluvs01 and me are talking about other issue. As I understood him.
That overlay-chart indicator is using a function :

//Calculate Visible Bars
BarsPerWindow()

It takes the number of bars that are shown in the chart window for its calculation. So thats why I said to zoom out, and reload the indicator, so it will use the max possible bars for its calculation. Also i discovered, the more bars used for its calcualtion, indicator is getting scaled differrently. So thats probably another issue with that indicator, that naluvs01 might not like.

Finally my coding and intelectual skills are lacking, so I cant do much about that.... I did what I really can...
These users thanked the author Csj179t for the post (total 2):
Ogee, naluvs01
Sincerely,
Sergei

17MA wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:37 am Thanks appreciate it :)
17MA,

I forgot to include something in the code, that deletes arrows when removing indicator from the chart....
Already made new version, and reposted it, in my previous post. And I'll attach new verison of indicator here also.
Sorry for any inconvenience....
These users thanked the author Csj179t for the post (total 3):
thomdel, Thangarasu, 17MA
Sincerely,
Sergei