Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

@MrTools / @Mladen

I have a request here. I am currently using the indicator attached below. It's a Fractal Support & Resistance and I'd like a couple additions to it.

1. Have an input option to change the period from the built in 5 to whatever I wish. Sometimes people like to have a period of 9 just to have less fractals and false entries.

2. I would like the indicator to also have a EMA option to show the overall trend where you can change the period as well.

3. Finally and most importantly, I need the indicator to give an alert when a fractal level is broken, as in price crosses and closes, confirming the break and must be in line with the trend. For example, if we are going short, price must be below the 200 EMA and price must break through and close under a resistance fractal. Only then will an alert be given. Reverse for long situations. Price must be above the 200 EMA (or whatever EMA period you input) and the resistance fractal must be broken and price close above.

I've linked a quick video here of me explaining it and showing it if its helpful!

https://streamable.com/vguoi9

kvak wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 am Hello Mrtool.
I would like to ask you for help if you have time. Iam trying add a button in indicator, it is work but only in current timeframe, if I give another timeframe, the button disappears. Sorry for my dirty code, Iam not a coder, simpy copy-paste template from another indy.
If it's too much work, it's not necessary :)
Thank you.
Hi, try entering another name other than VQ1. Regards.
Attachments
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
kvak

kvak wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 am Hello Mrtool.
I would like to ask you for help if you have time. Iam trying add a button in indicator, it is work but only in current timeframe, if I give another timeframe, the button disappears. Sorry for my dirty code, Iam not a coder, simpy copy-paste template from another indy.
If it's too much work, it's not necessary :)
Thank you.
I piddled with it and having the same problem and probably worse, still have a lot to learn about the buttons and not much material to learn from, sorry!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
kvak

Tenrai wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:54 am @MrTools / @Mladen

I have a request here. I am currently using the indicator attached below. It's a Fractal Support & Resistance and I'd like a couple additions to it.

1. Have an input option to change the period from the built in 5 to whatever I wish. Sometimes people like to have a period of 9 just to have less fractals and false entries.

2. I would like the indicator to also have a EMA option to show the overall trend where you can change the period as well.

3. Finally and most importantly, I need the indicator to give an alert when a fractal level is broken, as in price crosses and closes, confirming the break and must be in line with the trend. For example, if we are going short, price must be below the 200 EMA and price must break through and close under a resistance fractal. Only then will an alert be given. Reverse for long situations. Price must be above the 200 EMA (or whatever EMA period you input) and the resistance fractal must be broken and price close above.

I've linked a quick video here of me explaining it and showing it if its helpful!

https://streamable.com/vguoi9
Moved it here Support and resistance indicators

Hi!

This question has nothing to do with indicators, but with the blissful Metatrader 4 alerts:

Is there a way to disable ALL alerts in Metatrader 4? Maybe some script or modification in the config files?

What happens is that there are several indicators that even if Alert = False are set, they continue to send alerts, and many do not have the source file to modify them.

Thanks for any help ...

pin12 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:14 pm Hi!

This question has nothing to do with indicators, but with the blissful Metatrader 4 alerts:

Is there a way to disable ALL alerts in Metatrader 4? Maybe some script or modification in the config files?

What happens is that there are several indicators that even if Alert = False are set, they continue to send alerts, and many do not have the source file to modify them.

Thanks for any help ...
Not sure about metatrader but I just modify windows settings if I'm busy with other work. Maybe it'll help if there's no other solution.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Deez for the post:
pin12

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:22 am Looks like it already has alerts.
Dynamic zones Polychromatic momentum 5.13 and Dynamic_zones_absolutestrength_of_averages_diff_2 are such indicators. In fact, I only need them to change the color of the main chart candles, not the technical indicator window function.

Can the teacher change them to histo format (which does not take up the space of the technical indicator window of the sub-picture)? Or there is no separate window at all, just an indicator that changes the color of the main chart candles?