Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

nbibu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:10 am good evening! is it possible to take a look at this indicator, i was trying to use it in an EA but it doesnt seem to take any action on the arrows indicator buffers.
maybe possible to fix it?
thank u for your time
One problem i see is the indicator is using a negative shift which means the arrows will repaint, and useless for an EA.

nbibu wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 am

i put it in the strategy tester,only with 1 H, and didnt notice the repaint, thank you for the info and for your time
Put it in M1 and let it run for a while. Then mark all arrows and switch to a random TF and back to M1. See if all arrows are matched up with your markings. If it doesn't, it is a repainter. Hope it helps.
These users thanked the author yount79 for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Banzai

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:37 am

Not sure if I'm following correctly, but that sounds like it could be a problem with the back tester.
Unfourtenly it's not, the indicator creates dynamic boxes, and when a box breaks he immediately draws another one.
the problem arises when the starting point of view of the Indicator is changed.
for example, if I have a limit of 1000 bars on my chart the starting point would be 1000 bars. and lest say that I'm looking at the 15M Tf so it around 10 days.
If I would look today my starting point would be [28.07.2020 - 10 Days = 27.07.2020] but If I would look again in another 10 days the starting point would be today, which makes it impossible to backtest

I've drawn a paint that describes the issues with 2 different starting point (the red box end on a new day vs the green line which represents what would happen If I will start running from today) and found a comment that describes the issue better than I do (I'm not sure that the solution suggested it is correct but he got the problem right)
Thank you very much
Attachments
These users thanked the author rotem for the post:
Banzai

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:05 am

Added mtf.

PS: For the settings template used on the Daily Downloads screenshot, see here: Jurik Z-Score indicator Crossover Settings Template for MT4.

mrtools,

Sorry, but I have another request, if its possible, that is making a histo version of "jma-zscore" (just like pic).
Hope you have the source code as it was adapted from mt5 a couple of months ago...
Grateful. Thanks.