Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

josi wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Dear MrTools
I have been playing around with the histo version of ZL Hull Trend envelopes.
For some reason this indicator slows down computer performance considerably more than other histos if you use it on more windows on the screen (I have six pairs open on one screen).
What could be the reason for this?
Can this issue be solved?
This version should be lighter.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
cinare, pipsquirrel, josi

josi wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:07 am

As to 4 time frame hull,
I must admit I never understood what you wanted to know when you asked how to get H4 on M5.
(Maybe because I hardly ever trade M5).
Well - in the inputs you have the 4 lines:
current time frame
next 1
next 2
next 3

instead of this standard input use:
current time frame
M15
H1
H4
(for example)
that should do the trick.
But probably you don't need it anymore as you've already found your indi.
Hi, thanks! Yes, I already found that option. Stupid I was not thinking about it earlier. I was testing it today, compared to ZLHull. Did not want to post it, since there was a comment not to 'foul' the thread. But thank you for suggesting it! I'm on the fence. The 4HullTrend does make it easier and less resource intense on my proc. No need for multiple instances of MT4. I will test both simultaniously for a week and decide which works best for me. But both do the job very well. I think it just comes down to preference. Thank you again for thinking about my questions and help finding answers and solutions :In Love: :hug:

Senior Rob wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:21 am 1 hour box with alerts

Hello, this is my first time posting here so please forgive me if this has already been done before.

I need an indicator which draws a box for the first hour of the New York session, 8am to 9am West Coast time in my case, with alerts for a close above the high of that session and a close below the low of that session as per the attached.

Thank you for your help

Cheers,
That's all I have. No source code.