Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

REQUEST

I think I posted it in wrong thread. And without indicators.
viewtopic.php?p=1295398281#p1295398281

I am reposting it here in the right forum.

Dear mrtools,

You have coded MA histo indicator more than 10 years ago and have updated recently with mobile alerts. I find it useful till this day.

However, recently, because of my age not helping me to watch screen, I have adopted a new "set and forget" strategy which is working well.

I sell EU from 60 pips distance based on H4 MA of 48 and keep doing it a few times in one account. In another account I buy when EU falls 45 pips from H4 MA and for a few times. For this strategy I use smaller lots so that in case averaging of adverse positions is required it does not easily invite margin calls. Ultimately anyone can make money 50% per annum in each of the accounts. Discipline and patience is needed for this kind of effortless trading . I have tried this strategy on EU only because of its strong tendency to mean revert. Whether it will work for other symbols or not, I am not sure.

Can you kindly code this as per the picture. Requires an MA graphic , fixed MA price box, short dash lines to be drawn from inputs of pips/points based on MA price for Up and Down directions (both need to be different)

Thank you.

xard777 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi Hyph,
I made a couple of changes, hopefully it is what you asked for.
All the best
Xard777

Hi Xard777,

I appreciate your effort and thank you. However, it is not really what I am after. I was hoping to keep the original SSL line and ADD a middle line which would be an average of the top and bottom SSL line. I would like to make this middle line invisible on my MT4 but use this middle line as the basis for the ATR bands. This will mean the ATR bands are based off an average of the two SSL lines and will be smooth as opposed to the 'stepped' ATR line that current exists on the indicator when the SSL lines cross. I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Regards,
Hyph.

naluvs01 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:44 pm Hi MrTools, Mladen and Coders,

If possible, can alerts (mainly Push) be added to either of these indicators when the color changes with open/closed candles. That would be awesome! Thank you in advance for your response!!!!

Added alerts.

hyph wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:25 am
Hi Xard777,

I appreciate your effort and thank you. However, it is not really what I am after. I was hoping to keep the original SSL line and ADD a middle line which would be an average of the top and bottom SSL line. I would like to make this middle line invisible on my MT4 but use this middle line as the basis for the ATR bands. This will mean the ATR bands are based off an average of the two SSL lines and will be smooth as opposed to the 'stepped' ATR line that current exists on the indicator when the SSL lines cross. I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Regards,
Hyph.
Hi Hyph,
My apologies, I tend to read just part of the request and go off on a different tangent. (as you can see here).
No worries, I can put it to use on a future update.
My coding is pretty limited so you will need the likes of Mr Tools or mladen to fulfil your request.
All the best
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post:
Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

hyph wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:25 am

Hi Xard777,

Regards,
Hyph.
Something like this?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
Holmes27, rudiarius, Antonio, pacois, hannele, Jedidiah, sal, Marktaylor58

Wow!

The last two requests I've made have just been totally ignored?! Posts #7229 #7424

I was thinking the coders must be busy but later requests by other members get answered almost immediately.

Which is funny because I try to request for modifications that I believe would help not just myself but other people too, like MTF and interpolation which I think are very important to any good indicator.

But these get ignored and requests for petty things like changes in colour or alarms get filled.

I accept if a coder doesn't want to fulfill my requests, as there is no obligation to do so, but to be totally ignored for no good reason is disheartening.
These users thanked the author kam44 for the post:
DTRCT

kam44 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:59 pm Wow!

The last two requests I've made have just been totally ignored?! Posts #7229 #7424

I was thinking the coders must be busy but later requests by other members get answered almost immediately.

Which is funny because I try to request for modifications that I believe would help not just myself but other people too, like MTF and interpolation which I think are very important to any good indicator.

But these get ignored and requests for petty things like changes in colour or alarms get filled.

I accept if a coder doesn't want to fulfill my requests, as there is no obligation to do so, but to be totally ignored for no good reason is disheartening.
Saw your request about ASH a couple of days ago but forgot about it, will work on adding mtf tomorrow. There are a lot of requests and it's hard to keep up with them all, and no one is intentionally being ignored.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
DTRCT, PREETHI

mrtools wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Saw your request about ASH a couple of days ago but forgot about it, will work on adding mtf tomorrow. There are a lot of requests and it's hard to keep up with them all, and no one is intentionally being ignored.
About the best I can do with it. BTW this was your last post, the post before think it was an RSI you needed modifications too, and the modification was done, so not sure what posts you are talking about being ignored because post#7229 and post#7424 are not posts by you. Also you may think adding alarms is "petty" not all the times is that true, sometimes it's easy, but other times not so easy, like for example adding alerts to this indicator is not that, as you say, "petty".
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
PREETHI, pacois, SilverBB, Jedidiah