Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:42 pm One of the great older indicators to ignore sideway markets is still Damiani_volatmeter with different settings, here posted for the first time on fs and with alert as mq4. The inventer wrote:
"Used to filter whipsawed markets out. When noise line (grey) is above signal line (green) even trading ranges strategies will have poor performance - by Luis Guilherme Damiani NEW VERSION"

Maybe our coders want to make it even better, maybe all price types, jurik smoothing, adaptiveness and/or filtering?

Any thoughts about this idea: If you like one of the ideas, please click the thumb button left under this post.

Damiani Volatmeter v3.2 Alerts.ex4
Damiani Volatmeter v3.2 Alerts.mq4
I think if you can illustrate with best possible fitting,it help to understand and attract users along with experts/coders
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mtp wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:44 pm I am not a coder,can experts compile this indicator and if required do some changes?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Copyright by HPotter v2.0 29/09/2014
// TTM scalper indicator of John Carter’s Scalper Buys and Sells. The methodology
// is a close approximation of the one described in his book Mastering the Trade.
// The book is highly recommended. Note the squares are not real-time but will
// show up once the third bar has confirmed a reversal.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
study(title="TTM scalper indicator", overlay = true)
width = input(2, minval=1)
triggerSell = iff(iff(close[1] < close,1,0) and (close[2] < close[1] or close[3] <close[1]),1,0)
triggerBuy = iff(iff(close[1] > close,1,0) and (close[2] > close[1] or close[3] > close[1]),1,0)
buySellSwitch = iff(triggerSell, 1, iff(triggerBuy, 0, nz(buySellSwitch[1])))
SBS = iff(triggerSell and buySellSwitch[1] == false, high, iff(triggerBuy and buySellSwitch[1], low, nz(SBS[1])))
clr_s = iff(triggerSell and buySellSwitch[1] == false, 1, iff(triggerBuy and buySellSwitch[1], 0, nz(clr_s[1])))
clr = iff(clr_s == 0 , green , red)
plot(SBS, color=clr, title="TTM", style = circles, linewidth = width)
Found this version by Mladen.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, mtp

Mehrab wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:28 pm Hello,
is there any indicator which allows me to divide price of one symbol to price of another symbol to have relative strength of the symbol,
for example divide apple price to S&P 500 ,an stochastic calculation of relative strength would be great like Chaikin analytics platform,
thanks in advanced.
MT5 has a native way to do that. Description is here
MT4 must use an offline chart for that. Here is at least an indicator to do that
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
Mehrab

mehkhan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 am Thanks dear, you are great, but instead of "Arrows on Newest", you added Arrow on first bar, please add "Arrow on Newest"-though results are not affected but I like "arrow on Newest" option. Please do it. Regards and wish tons of blessings.
plz can i get mt5 version of this indicators

artaville wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:34 pm Hi to MR Mntiwana
please help me to find the indi that are in the middle of the picture , i mean the indicator 2~
i searched any where i thinking maybe it be , even all attachment in this number one unique site and forum
unfortunately can`t find nothing .
you have that on this address :
app.php/attach/file/3242262

Untitled.png

Thanks for your attention
Good Luck
Forget about it,it is renamed of fisher and is confirmed solar wind class family indicators - repainter,as per Mladen saying
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:41 pm
I think if you can illustrate with best possible fitting,it help to understand and attract users along with experts/coders
I don't need Damiani any more, there are better sideways filter like atr-bands. but my request for alert on 3 sloping smoothed momentums with higher values is interesting. Maybe mrtools can post as mladen the mq4 of the new file, although a good alert on that mq4 is not easy. see fore more files:
viewtopic.php?p=1295381967#p1295381967
Is it possible to get an alert with wav-file, that can be chosen, when one, two or three lines (as option) change slope in the same direction. Maybe later also a % filter on calculation or adaptiveness or coloring of slope?