Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Jagg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 am

It does for sure (not tested yet) but I meant that in general... ex4 is closed source, one reason I came here at the beginning was the "open culture" here posting always the mq4 files.
Been burned so many times just a nat hair away from completely going commercial only, might as well make some money from the code to pay my bills, many come here and get the code and sell it on ebay or mt5 market place, etc. That is the main reason why. Besides there is plenty of mq4 files around here to help those trying to learn.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
mtp, Jimmy, moey_dw, talaate, FXchaos, PREETHI

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 am

Been burned so many times just a nat hair away from completely going commercial only, might as well make some money from the code to pay my bills, many come here and get the code and sell it on ebay or mt5 market place, etc. That is the main reason why. Besides there is plenty of mq4 files around here to help those trying to learn.
ok, thanks for clarification.

Jagg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 am

Dummy holds more or less only the time from the latest bar

Code: Select all

if (Dummy<=Time[0]) Dummy = Time[0];
Don't know why this was made as user input setting?!
Thank you, Jagg!
But it doesn't matter anymore, because this indi is repainting heavily. I had some suspicions about it last evening and I took a printscreen of it (please see attached first file). And compare it to this morning, it hass 5 bars back repainted. (please see attached second file)
Strange thing it bears the mark of "forex-tsd" (former Mladen and MrTools site); this mark should somehow indicate a NRP indicator.....

mehkhan wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:21 pm wilders_trailing_stop__arrows_alerts_2.mq4 Dear mrtools,
in the attached indicator, arrows appear far away from price, please add arrows distance adjustment options and please also do something to further improve the performance of the indicator.

Regards.
Added arrow distance.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jimmy

binarytrades wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm please i want to confirm if the bands of this indicator changes location just as some other bands does, which doesn't give room for back test.

TMAdCG%20mladen-arrowsMod.mq4
Recalculating in every candle. Use with other non repainting indicators.
These users thanked the author PREETHI for the post:
binarytrades
To be consistently profitable is to pick the right strategy for what price is doing, not what we think price will do.