Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Is there a way to get historical swap data? I tried back testing a couple of indicators that provide daily data including swap long and swap short like Mladen's Daily Data but the swap data doesn't update as the back test progresses. I am trying to get the swap long / swap short for specific times in the past to study if that impacts how the market reacts at specific times of the day such as the close or opening of a session.

MX01 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm Hi there

Does anyone have a list of "candle trend" indicators, preferably MTF options? Something like PET-D or this commercial example.

I tried to search on this site but honestly the search function is not good. I love this forum but the search isn't powerful. When I type in "Candle Trend" it shows all threads that contain either the word "Candle" or "Trend". Good luck trying to find something clicking through 100 pages.

If somebody can attach such candle trend indicator or list the forum pages here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
There's quite a few here at home...search around. Ones that I remember are here viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8472912

MX01 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm Hi there

Does anyone have a list of "candle trend" indicators, preferably MTF options? Something like PET-D or this commercial example.

I tried to search on this site but honestly the search function is not good. I love this forum but the search isn't powerful. When I type in "Candle Trend" it shows all threads that contain either the word "Candle" or "Trend". Good luck trying to find something clicking through 100 pages.

If somebody can attach such candle trend indicator or list the forum pages here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
This is a version of Pet-D from Mladen.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
MX01, Jimmy, Holmes27, reachme, heispark, Jedidiah

Hey there mrtools or any other experts here :)

Does this kind of pivot points for MT4 exist? I have it only for ThinkOrSwim but can't find for MT4.

See the screenshot with yellow dots. The yellow dots appear after the fact, so they're not real time entry signals of course. But it draws previous pivot points. In this case it's on M1 chart and set to "num bars 5".

Here is also the TOS code of the indicator. Not sure if some coding expert can translate it for MT4. And if such a pivot points indi for MT4 exists already please attach here and I thank you very much!

Code: Select all

input numBars = 5; 
input showLines = yes; 
input showValues = yes; 
input showBarNumbers = no; 
input TrendResistanceStart = 0; 
input TrendResistanceEnd = 0; 
input TrendSupportStart = 0; 
input TrendSupportEnd = 0; 

def UserSetResistance = TrendResistanceStart > 0 and TrendResistanceEnd > 0; 
def UserSetSupport = TrendSupportStart > 0 and TrendSupportEnd > 0; 
def currentHigh = high; 
def currentLow = low; 
def currentBar = BarNumber(); 
def PH; 
def PL; 
def isHigherThanNextBars = fold i = 1 to numBars + 1 with p = 1 
while p do currentHigh > GetValue(high, -i); 
PH = if UserSetResistance and ( currentBar == TrendResistanceStart or currentBar == TrendResistanceEnd ) then currentHigh else if !UserSetResistance and (currentBar > numBars and currentHigh == Highest(currentHigh, numBars) and isHigherThanNextBars) then currentHigh else Double.NaN; 
def isLowerThanNextBars = fold j = 1 to numBars + 1 with q = 1 
while q do currentLow < GetValue(low, -j); 
PL = if UserSetSupport and ( currentBar == TrendSupportStart or currentBar == TrendSupportEnd ) then currentLow else if !UserSetSupport and (currentBar > numBars and currentLow == Lowest(currentLow, numBars) and isLowerThanNextBars) then currentLow else Double.NaN; 
rec PHBar = if UserSetResistance then TrendResistanceEnd else if !IsNaN(PH) then currentBar else PHBar[1]; 
rec PLBar = if UserSetSupport then TrendSupportEnd else if !IsNaN(PL) then currentBar else PLBar[1]; 
rec PHL = if !IsNaN(PH) then PH else PHL[1]; 
rec priorPHBar = if UserSetResistance then TrendResistanceStart else if PHL != PHL[1] then PHBar[1] else priorPHBar[1];
rec PLL = if !IsNaN(PL) then PL else PLL[1]; 
rec priorPLBar = if UserSetSupport then TrendSupportStart else if PLL != PLL[1] then PLBar[1] else priorPLBar[1]; 
def isFinalTwoHighPivots = currentBar >= HighestAll(priorPHBar); 
def isFinalTwoLowPivots = currentBar >= HighestAll(priorPLBar); 
def ResistanceFinishOffset = if isFinalTwoHighPivots then currentBar - PHBar else 0; 
def ResistanceStartOffset = if isFinalTwoHighPivots then currentBar - priorPHBar else 0; 
def ResistanceSlope = (GetValue(PH, ResistanceFinishOffset) - GetValue(PH, ResistanceStartOffset)) / (PHBar - priorPHBar); 
def SupportFinishOffset = if isFinalTwoLowPivots then currentBar - PLBar else 0; 
def SupportStartOffset = if isFinalTwoLowPivots then currentBar - priorPLBar else 0; 
def SupportSlope = (GetValue(PL, SupportFinishOffset) - GetValue(PL, SupportStartOffset)) / (PLBar - priorPLBar); 
rec ResistanceExtend = if currentBar == HighestAll(PHBar) then 1 else ResistanceExtend[1]; 
rec SupportExtend = if currentBar == HighestAll(PLBar) then 1 else SupportExtend[1]; 

def pivotHigh = if 
#isFinalTwoHighPivots 
ph>0 then PH else Double.NaN; 

def pivotLow = if 
#isFinalTwoLowPivots 
pl>0 then PL else Double.NaN; 

plot PivotDot = if !IsNaN(pivotHigh) then pivotHigh else if !IsNaN(pivotLow) then pivotLow else Double.NaN; 
PivotDot.SetDefaultColor(COLOR.YELLOW); 
PivotDot.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.POINTS); 
PivotDot.SetLineWeight(5);

rijay wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:07 pm

i think chirvasamar is partly right,

it does not work on some instruments symbols , you can try it on different symbols like stocks and indexes , oil, and on some sysmbols it does not show up on chart,
it works well on forex pairs.
i do not know the reason, may be bug of mt4?
coders can explain better.
Old question but stumbled over this today for myself (with DAX and DOW).
You have to increase the MaxValue from default 200 to a value above DOW High e.g. 30000 and then you can see the zones on DAX, DOW,... also!
These users thanked the author Jagg for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, moey_dw