Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am

Actually that's what I did. But on both cases when the move doesn't work out the bad signals are simply removed.

I wish this indicator alerted and the signals always stay on even if bad.

But what happens is: The signal appears/ alerts, then if it doesn't move in desired direction the signal is removed and later on appears again if the move happens later on.
Explain with demonstrating pictures,how it teasing you
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 am
Explain with demonstrating pictures,how it teasing you
Here we go... attached screenshots

The pink vertical line & dot are the ptl signals (bearish). They appear and as soon as price moved up again they disappear.

That's why this indicator is 'repainting' because it only stays on when the move is good but you can never know when is good or not good because the indicator removes bad signals immediately.

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 am

Here we go... attached screenshots

The pink vertical line & dot are the ptl signals (bearish). They appear and as soon as price moved up again they disappear.

That's why this indicator is 'repainting' because it only stays on when the move is good but you can never know when is good or not good because the indicator removes bad signals immediately.Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 16.42.03.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-26 at 16.44.03.png
Post full picture
which one ver you are trying,post the indicator too
also attach a picture of your applied parameters (indicator property window)
Note : always try on M1 TF when testing/checking some indicator,it will provide you fast results (when and where possible,apply short values/periods) - rather than testing on H1 in case you needs hours to wait for signals

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 am
Post full picture
which one ver you are trying,post the indicator too
also attach a picture of your applied parameters (indicator property window)
Note : always try on M1 TF when testing/checking some indicator,it will provide you fast results (when and where possible,apply short values/periods) - rather than testing on H1 in case you needs hours to wait for signals
Yes it is on M1 chart.

Settings attached. I use indicator 15 tf on M1 chart as otherwise too many wrong signals.
Attachments

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:00 am

Yes it is on M1 chart.

Settings attached. I use indicator 15 tf on M1 chart as otherwise too many wrong signals.
Again i suggest please invest some time to gain related knowledge of things
you may test/check it on M1 chart with M1 TF at first - using/applying indicators as MTF is an other story

mntiwana wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:06 am
Again i suggest please invest some time to gain related knowledge of things
you may test/check it on M1 chart with M1 TF at first - using/applying indicators as MTF is an other story
Ugh. I don't know what there is too understand, I'm not stupid. It doesn't matter what TF or settings I do, it's how the indicator behaves.

Forget it and thanks.

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 am

Ugh. I don't know what there is too understand, I'm not stupid. It doesn't matter what TF or settings I do, it's how the indicator behaves.

Forget it and thanks.
Over confidence is not a suitable attitude - in case MTF "vertical lines are drawn on newest bar of higher TF bar" change it to TRUE - and for MTF,read how it work,it needs belong bars/candles to complete - in your case 15 bars/candles
for your convenient posting a picture of M1 chart with M1 TF indicator values - all 5 (Alerts,Vlines,Bars,Dots,sound alert/alarm) do not changed once stamped and it will never in any case - so there is no place for announcing doubts :)
Attachments