Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi Team,

Is there any indicator which can do the below/attached? If not, could you be kind enough to create one?

1. Create a channel of a Moving Average (SMA, EMA, etc) by the user choice, where:
- the Upper band is the X periods of the HIGHS of the chosen MA type
- the Lower band is the X periods of the LOWS of the chosen MA type

2. Have a second Moving Average (again SMA, EMA, etc) which is a single line of Y periods, where:
- Upon the MA line crossing the UPPER band of the Channel (point 1) to the UPSIDE an alert to BUY (i.e. Arrow Up) is generated
- Upon the MA line crossing the LOWER band of the Channel (point 1) to the DOWNSIDE an alert to SELL (i.e. Arrow Down) is generated

3. Have alerts in place as well.

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try to clarify.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 am

This version has alerts and arrows on zero cross and or signal cross. Added an option to use 8 different moving average types and made it user friendly.
Hi mrtools,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but when I put two identical indicators on the same chart, even if they're on different MTFs (i.e. like your FXSniper in H4 and D1 here), the last one I open/change the settings on will always delete the signals (arrows, dots, lines, etc) provided by the other and vice versa. I'd obviously like to have the signals from different timeframes displayed at the same time (like on your screenshot).

Is this some sort of an MT4 bug that is known of and has a solution?

Thanks again for your help.

Zelias wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 am

Hi mrtools,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but when I put two identical indicators on the same chart, even if they're on different MTFs (i.e. like your FXSniper in H4 and D1 here), the last one I open/change the settings on will always delete the signals (arrows, dots, lines, etc) provided by the other and vice versa. I'd obviously like to have the signals from different timeframes displayed at the same time (like on your screenshot).

Is this some sort of an MT4 bug that is known of and has a solution?

Thanks again for your help.
Try using a different arrows ID for every instance of the indicator used.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Zelias

Zelias wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 am Hi Team,

Is there any indicator which can do the below/attached? If not, could you be kind enough to create one?

1. Create a channel of a Moving Average (SMA, EMA, etc) by the user choice, where:

2. Have a second Moving Average (again SMA, EMA, etc) which is a single line of Y periods, where:
- Upon the MA line crossing the UPPER band of the Channel (point 1) to the UPSIDE an alert to BUY (i.e. Arrow Up) is generated
- Upon the MA line crossing the LOWER band of the Channel (point 1) to the DOWNSIDE an alert to SELL (i.e. Arrow Down) is generated

Thank you in advance!
I think there are so many indicators doing like that or close to that,simply you needs invest some time to search find what you required
have you tried on "3 Moving Average mtf" - but this version dont have arrow/alerts - except it doing all that you wrote
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 am
I think there are so many indicators doing like that or close to that,simply you needs invest some time to search find what you required
have you tried on "3 Moving Average mtf" - but this version dont have arrow/alerts - except it doing all that you wrote
Dear mntiwana,

I went through the entire Moving Averages thread and tried exactly this indicator. The problem, as you mention, is that the arrows/alerts would never work because the 3rd moving average will never cross.

Is there any way for this to be reworked so that it alerts as I've requested? Apologies for not posting this earlier.

Zelias wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 am Hi Team,

Thank you in advance!
What are the settings Ma?

Period1 =?
Mode1 =?
Price1 =?

Period2 =?
Mode2 =?
Price2 =?

Period3 =?
Mode3 =?
Price3 =?