Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

baraozemo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 am Hi,

I tring to build a indicator called "prior daily close line"

I got the "open line" from mladen and tried to chance some code to make it give me the "prior" daily close line...
but its not working like expect...

my wrong code
Snap1.jpg

what I need
Snap2.jpg
try this, thanks belongs to vvfish (if my memory serves me right) cheers :)

digbee wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:15 pm Hi, I was wondering if, there is a moving average indicator that calculates like that, 1/((eurusd+gbpusd+audusd+jpyusd+nzdusd+chfusd+cadusd)/4)?
You mean the USDX or DXY, the USD index. That is an old version you are looking for. NZD plays only a very little role and some other pairs are more important today. Here is a newer version with 6 pairs: market share: EUR/USD (57.6%), USDJPY (13.6%), GBPUSD (11.9%), CADUSD (9.1%), USDSEK (4.2%) and the USDCHF (3.6%). IDK anymore how old this is, maybe 2014. I heard the coefficients of the pairs are adjusted a bit every 3 years.

Krelian99 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 am

You mean the USDX or DXY, the USD index. That is an old version you are looking for. NZD plays only a very little role and some other pairs are more important today. Here is a newer version with 6 pairs: market share: EUR/USD (57.6%), USDJPY (13.6%), GBPUSD (11.9%), CADUSD (9.1%), USDSEK (4.2%) and the USDCHF (3.6%). IDK anymore how old this is, maybe 2014. I heard the coefficients of the pairs are adjusted a bit every 3 years.
Sorry from my hurry I wrote wrong the calculation this is the right one 1/((eurusd+gbpusd+audusd+jpyusd+nzdusd+chfusd+cadusd)/7) I want to count all 7 pairs against USD, not USDX, thank you. :)

edit: also I want the ma displayed on chart and without the index initial value setting.

TEAMTRADER wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:52 am
I thought every ex.4 indicator had a file?
Hopefully someone, somewhere will have it.
TEAMTRADER
As far as i know,krelian never lies and is a trust able old member/experts
and yes Mladen and Mrtools have mq4 format files of all indicators that are posted simply/only ex4 file format for multiple reasons
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

TRADERSM wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 am

Mr.mladen when i try to replace the "100-" but it says not specified text found now what to do?? Thankyou.....

adxvma mirror.png
Mr.mladen when i try to replace the "100-" but it says not specified text found now what to do?? Thankyou.....
If you are not willing to take risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them