Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

friend4you wrote:Dear coders!
There are not many good free Median Renko Chart Builder and I like this very much. But a big problem on many renko indicators is the heavy cpu usage. Metetrader refreshes even older bars and therefore every renko indicator must recalculate 10x more than on a 1 min chart.

Can you please deactivate, that the renko chart changes after a bar is build
and/or
can you add the the renko chart is only build every x milliseconds (changeable in indicator options)?

Thanks.
friend4you

Believe it or not, the issue in not in the renko generating code

The issue is in a very "unexpected" place : in mt terminal itself. It goes like this : you change one bar (one single bar) using renko code and you send a "fake tick" to the offline chart. And what do we get on offline chart? It is telling us that all the bars changed, not just one. That is a bug since new build of mt4 was started and it never was corrected. So ... we can only hope that they will make offline for mt5 and that it will not have that bug any more, but that is not very likely (nether that there will be offline for mt5 nor that the bug will be avoided if there is offline for mt5)

friend4you wrote:So an indicator that's updating chart every x seconds would help? Why will mt5 never have offline charts, since some coders here worked for metaquotes?
It would not help since it still would have to update all the bars (since it does not "know" how any bars actually have been changed). It is a kind of a vicious circle

Hi Mladen, I know that you're the busiest guy in Forex world, but when you have 5 minutes of your spare time can you take a look at my partially failed attempt to add signal arrows on (red/blue) spikes. I don't have .mql source file of Volumen Reversal, and I created new indicator with iCustom functions. Please, test on lower timeframes 1/5/15.Thank you in advance!
These users thanked the author altoronto for the post:
jonnyfx4711

friend4you wrote:That would reduce the problem from each tick to maybe 2000 ms. I saw solutitions, that go this way for similar renkos. Is it too difficult to change the posted mena renko indicator?

Why can't a renko builder ignore old bars and leave them and just build the actual one even if mt4 changes older bars?
It is not the renko code that has the problem
It is whatever you attach to offline chart (any offline chart) in new builds of mt4 : even if it is written perfectly and works like a clock on regular charts, on offline harts it is going to calculate all the bars on each and every tick. That is the terminal bug

altoronto wrote:Hi Mladen, I know that you're the busiest guy in Forex world, but when you have 5 minutes of your spare time can you take a look at my partially failed attempt to add signal arrows on (red/blue) spikes. I don't have .mql source file of Volumen Reversal, and I created new indicator with iCustom functions. Please, test on lower timeframes 1/5/15.Thank you in advance!
Glad to see you here too
Will check it and will get back with the result

Thanks, but I'm using Linux and paid indicators are often a problem there.
Can someone tell me the diffence between the indicators mntiwana and I posted (just few changes)?
How does the behavoir change with these lines:
extern double  StartingPrice     = 161.001;

What does on both the setting RenkoOffset change:
        if(MathAbs(RenkoBoxOffset1) >= RenkoBoxSize1) {
            Print("Error: |RenkoBoxOffset| should be less then RenkoBoxSize1!");

Can it at least be changed, that at 0 o' clock a new bar begins, so that two users with same broker see same bars in the past and that it always shows correct highs and lows?
Thanks.