Re: MT4 Trading Utilities, Chart Tools & Add-ons

Hi friends,

I accidentaly stumpled upon a thread on FF which is 3 years old and just 9 pages so totally hidden from the sight. In that thread, an EA (trade manager) was posted which uses the OrderCloseBy function instead of normal closing of the positions.

This function is a miracle for scalpers: It consolidates all the trades you have on the pair and you pay only 1 commission per 2 trades.

In the words of the guy who brought this to our attention and coded the trade manager:

"There's a neat little hidden gem in MT that's almost entirely undocumented and almost never used by developers (ever) that's called OrderCloseBy. What this function does is takes hedged orders and reconciles the transactions as netted. This allows you to do some neat things we'll talk about in a minute, but for now it's important to understand that if you use this method you are not charged double fees since you are instructing the broker server to reconcile the hedge as a netting transaction"

Im in a phase of testing it but it looks like it works. What is it good for?

A) You want to close multiple trades in one direction. If you do it manually one-by-one, slippage can occur very easily. With this function, you can open a counter(hedge) trade, which will effectively lock your profit and then close it all at once while not being charged multiple times.

B) You are a scalper and your system can produce multiple counter signals during a choppy day. You don't close&reverse the trades, but rather open a double sized counter position and wait until price starts moving in one direction and then close it while paying for only half of all your positions.

This function can be found in metatrader when you want to modify the position and in the window you can choose it from "type". I never used it before, never heard of it and it solves so many problems with costs when doing hedging/scalping.

Attached is the trademanager which was coded to demonstrate this functionality. Note, this is from 2017 (!).
These users thanked the author mades for the post (total 6):
thiru, Hewata, Xanadu, SijjiN, ParallelNative, GelindoP

mades wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:47 pm Hi friends,

I accidentaly stumpled upon a thread on FF which is 3 years old and just 9 pages so totally hidden from the sight. In that thread, an EA (trade manager) was posted which uses the OrderCloseBy function instead of normal closing of the positions.
Thanks mades.

this looks like a very interesting tool and the UI looks great too. Will read the thread to get more insights.

from mql5 dot com website.
I don't know if they will work in other timeframes.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 3):
Kiwi, Thangarasu, BOLBAM

Anyway wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:11 am Hello there!

Open a thread for trading utilities (panel, summary, sessions ...)

Well, come on and have a panel, then, anyhow.

Some ideas come from the mql market, but the coding may be completely different such as click "mm" to drag ...

Of course there are still some new and strange ideas: hiding aside, into the "one-click" area and average price of orders etc.

Wish you a huge amount of profit!
Hi.

Is there a pdf available explaining inputs for this EA?
Can Stop Loss be set at 2% of account balance?

Regards,

TradeRancher

bilbao wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 4:14 am ding dong order management ea

open blank indicator on chart and run ea into blank page
i hope you can share your system setup in the pic, the fibo and all the other indicators are not intrusive, thank you :)
These users thanked the author jasonx for the post:
macd & rsi
with self-discipline, discretionary forex trading means using your judgment and intuition as part of the forex trading process :idea:

xxxena wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm Thank you for this great tool! But... when position is open there is no chance to move TP or SL by dragging... expert move them back at previous value.... Is it possible to add option and allow us to drag around TP and SL. Or change the value by clicking... If there is such an option please for instruction.
Thank you in advance
Hi xxxena,
i too had the probelm, but now i have solution,

Step 1
Goto MT4 Menu
Then
Tools
Options
Charts
Then Check Alt Drag Levels as shown in screen shot.

Step 2
Now Click The SL or TP line That you want to move + Click ( Alt + Arrows Buttons ).

That will Move desired price level.

Thank you so much..!
Attachments
These users thanked the author Thangarasu for the post:
xxxena