Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Nice specs, how much did that rig set you back mate? About $4000 AUD? :Shocked:
Yes it was about that including custom hard line water cooling of CPU and RX5700 GPU. I use it for flight sim as well. Even with the water cooling this MT4 setup is making the CPU run up to 90 degrees at times, but I do have 8 other MT4's running that keep the CPU busy as well.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
pipalong
nil desperandum

Blin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:00 am my mt4 today is freezing like hell i have i7-8700 k and 16 gb ram but i dont know why.Can you give any advice?
XARD: Have you d/l the last update? With that spec it should fly.
Have you tried running mt4 from a Ramdrive? see google on how create one for your OS.
Get on a blank chart, install the indicators one after the other. that should solve it for now. Same thing I did.

Blin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:00 am my mt4 today is freezing like hell i have i7-8700 k and 16 gb ram but i dont know why.Can you give any advice?
Have you tried running mt4 from a Ramdrive? see google on how create one for your OS.
Thanks XARD for this suggestion. I did what you said and ran one of my MT4 from Ramdisk, it does load up fast and uses very less CPU.

But I am running into an issue, maybe you can help, when I reboot the computer, the Ramdisk partition is empty, I have to copy the MT4 again to that partition and then work.

Is there a way to save the Ramdisk to image file when shutting down and then on boot it loads up from there, that way I can then move other Mt4 to that Ramdisk also and on startup they would load from Ramdisk?

I used the IMdisk from Sourceforge to create the partition. I have 64 GB RAM, so i did a 16 GB partition

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
XARD: You only need a 2gb Ramdisk, Create a bat file (see google) to create the ramdisk and copy your mt4 folder over. then run it on start up.

Try disabling the dashboard indicator, I have an i7-9700k + 16 gb of ram and it lagged as well. When I turned off the dashboard it's smooth as butter (this is without installing the MT4 on a Ramdrive, though I am using an SSD).