Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Dear Xard,
Thanks for the modular build-up that made possible to install and tweak around each component to examine them.
1. Could you be more specific what changed between the previous and this version, what are the advantages?
What I noticed (I hope my broker being offline in the weekend doesn't influence the findings) are that
- for the Trendline setting (in the MA-ZZ indicator, which is the essence of the system) you seem to use longer period (53->63) - to make it more robust?
- the Squeeze setting was very nice to warn for contracting periods, it seems to be lacking in version2 of MA-ZZ indicator...
- where are the dots signalling important highs / lows? I miss a bit these, too.
- the arrows disappeared, but there are squiggly yellow/blue lines: what are their exact meaning in signalling highs/ lows compared to the dots with white center?
- what are the white small squares (ArrZZx2 FD TT)?
- the ribbon trend indicator below is a bit more robust signal line?
2. During more busy periods can I use this on H4 TF, or is H1 an upper limit?
Thanks in advance if you can find time to reply.

XARD: I decided to pull the 1hr cycle in favour of the ARRZZ indy on the 1hr TF.
On the 1hr TF the ARRZZ acts the same as the 1hr cycle but does not draw itself in until price is actually moving in the direction of the new cycle. This will eliminate false 1hr cycle dots allowing you to trade the current cycle direction longer.

Again. I thought best to pull the squeeze as too much on the chart and we have the ARRZZ FD picking up the slack on that.
I am trying to clean up the chart and still show Directional Trading... see enclosed chart
All the best
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 3):
thomdel, ardalan1991, StuartWong

Xard thanks for your quick and clarifying response! Working mostly on pure price action charts with some resistance and support lines I can understand and support your efforts for cleaner charts :)
Do you have any advice on using this cleaner set-up on H4 TF or is it confined to H1 and below?
I guess you didn't answer on small white squares, because your chart don't have them (I have the pointer on 1 of them on my screen)....: Thx.

XARD: You can trade the 4hr chart but you will get better pickings on the 1hr....
After the Red Semafor Top, take a SELL at the cross of the Trend line down (the ARRZZ 1hr Top Squiggle line will have been drawn in at this time), Then take subsequent SELLs at ARRZZFD Gold Squiggle lines and close all trades on first sign of the Green Semafor bottom (even if it is not the end recalculated one).
And do the opposite on the Up Trend on your 1hr chart
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post:
StuartWong

optionhk wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:32 am
Xard,

Thank you for providing a system now for trading stock indices. I am an admirer of your strategies construction but don't like to trade currencies. I live in Hong Kong and like to trade Hong Kong Index. Which MT4 broker do you trade with? If you don't mind please let me know so that I can open an account with them and trade your system.

Thanks
Hi Xard,

Actually, I realised Hong Kong regulators don't allow CFDs for local traders. I found only professional investors meaning with HK$8 million can be onboarded in other jurisdictions where CFD is legal. So I have given up the idea of using CFDs.

i want to buy HK index options. May I request you to include an input parameter in the ADR indicator to mimic 50% of ADR as the daily ADR because options are like 50% of actual index price. I hope it can be done.

Your system is a piece of art and I can see how much intellectual satisfaction you might be deriving out of it when an onlooker like me is marvelling at the simplicity of your latest system. I am looking forward to a lot more coming from you for MT4 traders like me. Currencies and Indices done. What next? Commodities, Treasury Bonds and stocks?

May God bless you!

jgxpro wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:49 am Xard thanks for your quick and clarifying response! Working mostly on pure price action charts with some resistance and support lines I can understand and support your efforts for cleaner charts :)
Do you have any advice on using this cleaner set-up on H4 TF or is it confined to H1 and below?
I guess you didn't answer on small white squares, because your chart don't have them (I have the pointer on 1 of them on my screen)....:
GBPJPY-XARD0927.png
Thx.

XARD: You can trade the 4hr chart but you will get better pickings on the 1hr....
After the Red Semafor Top, take a SELL at the cross of the Trend line down (the ARRZZ 1hr Top Squiggle line will have been drawn in at this time), Then take subsequent SELLs at ARRZZFD Gold Squiggle lines and close all trades on first sign of the Green Semafor bottom (even if it is not the end recalculated one).
And do the opposite on the Up Trend on your 1hr chart
Thanks again, a few essential sentences help to understand much better your clever strategy. I started to observe this process then on the H1 TF:
So after the Red Semafor top the Signal line crosses the Trend line from above, while the gold Squiggle Line has also appeared (and whenever it appears again till the turning signal, we can again:) - SELL; mirrored the same for BUY, this is totally clear. The only little bit dim part is "the first sign of the Green Semafor Bottom": how can I notice it the earliest, before the end one (this doesn't mean the next blue bottom, does it? Or...) ?
Just a remark: the text strings in the settings of MA-ZZ v2 doesn't seem to be consistent, it seems TMA1 and SQUEEZE-function was deducted, but their description remained :)

XARD: I will take a look at it later...