Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Senior Rob wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 am Trading Indices for US traders

Good morning everyone, is there any US Citizen on this thread able to trade indices and if so, with which broker? I am trying to find a trusted, licenced and certified broker who provides indices on the MT4 platform.

Thank you in anticipation.
Forex.com is regulated for US clients and there's always Nadex based in Chicago, but it's an exchange platform and the contracts are different.

Hi I have a question with regards to the trend cycles -

What do you do if you see a Red semafor on the 30 minute chart (so short bias established) but when you switch to the 5 minute chart to identify an entry , there is a green semafor? Does this mean you need to wait until the 5 minute chart produces a red semafor and then further wait for it to show a second white dot for entry short?

traderokey wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:10 am

Hi Xard,

The "!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-MARKERS" indicator makes my MT4 terminal to freeze. My computer is very good, so I don't understand why that particular indicator is causing a problem. Could you please look at it when you have some time? Thanks.
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem, it's very slow and I can't use it.
But my computer works fine.
Very good tool but I'm using the other one right now.

Thanks XARD, you're great.

xard777 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:58 am In a nutshell - we want to trade from 30 min Red Semafor to 30 min Green Semafor to 30 min Red Semafor Ad Infinitum.
However, our Semafors have a tendency to recalc so a way around this is to use the 2nd White Dot to confirm the possibility that the current Semafor will no longer recalc and we can therefore make our trade to the next Green/Red Semafor with impunity. The problem that exists is that the 2nd White Dot can also recalc, it may not even turn up on the 1min chart and sometimes not even on the 5min chart and sometimes not even on the 15 min chart. That's sometimes, in most cases it will appear on one or two TFs below the 30 min and allow us to commit a trade towards the next Semafor on the 30 min TF (Woohoo kerching).

I got temporarily bogged down looking for a retracement of the 2nd White Dot towards the 61% and 78% zone level and missed out of some golden opportunities. It turns out that the 2nd white Dot can appear at as little as the 30% retracement level and hold the line then reverse and continue on the main trend.
The problem here is if we then enter at this level only to see price retrace back to 61% (or even 99%) can be a lot to swallow on the negative side - a position that none of us want to be in. I am finding that the 5min chart is giving us our best 2nd White Dot from which to trade toward our 30 Min Semafor. Hence, the 30 min & 5 min charts on my trading screen.
Hopefully other traders will see this and perhaps we can have a workaround for any inconsistencies along the way.
All the best
Xard777

PS Here is what the latest setup will look like...
Here we have the 30 Min chart showing 5 min White Dots, 15 min Blue Dots and 30 min Semafor Red Dots (Red Dots will cover up both white & blue Dots on the chart).
The 15 Min blue Dots are same as 5 min white Dots but showing on the 15 min TF - so in theory you are looking for the Highest/Lowest white or blue 2nd Dot from which to trade to the next Red Dot

This way you can simply stay on the 30 min chart at all times and get to trade the smaller TF 2nd Dots (be it 5 min or 15 min).

THIS IS HOW I WOULD TRADE THIS SETUP
Hello all,

Does anyone have a problem with template XARD-TRADINGv9? When I load it, it crashes my MT4. I don't have a problem with any other XARD indicators or templates,

I loaded each indicator individually and it is indicator !!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-MARKERS.ex4 which crashes MT4 and that is the one producing the support/resistance dots which I want.

Can anyone help? Thank you.
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

jcorp01 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 am

I am in the US and able to trade indices however, I use a non-regulated broker outside of the US. Some people don't recommend that and others don't mind... I don't mind.

The reason why I use a non-regulated broker is mainly for the leverage... I'm able to get 500:1.

Not sure if I can post brokers on here so will leave it out for now.
Hello jcorp01, I tried to send you a PM asking for your broker details and experience with them but I cannot access your profile to do so. Can you kindly PM me instead with the information. Thank you.
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob