Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

jcorp01 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Nice... looks simple!

Are you taking into consideration any higher timeframes for direction, or just the 5 min / 1 min and whatever the Trend Ribbon is showing at the time?

XARD: Yes, I will look at 15min & 1hr too.
Both trades were with the UP Trend (Above the Green Trend ribbon).
Note, No recalculating indys were harmed in any way during the course of this morning's trades.

Once you do away with the recalculating indicators, the ribbon will do the magic.
The ribbon does not repaint. That will help you to make a trading plan with it.

jcorp01 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Nice... looks simple!

Are you taking into consideration any higher timeframes for direction, or just the 5 min / 1 min and whatever the Trend Ribbon is showing at the time?

XARD: Yes, I will look at 15min & 1hr too.
Once you do away with the recalculating indicators, the ribbon will do the magic.
The ribbon does not recalculate, this will help you to make a trading plan with it.

This was a great great trade that just wrapped up on Bitcoin.

230+ pips!

A tip that could potentially help someone get more pips (or take you out earlier than desired), is to trail your stop loss. When it works, it works great. I started trailing when I was already up 100+ pips on this trade.

When it doesn't work, it takes you out early. I took out a couple of buy positions on Gold today and when it went up 20+ pips, I wanted to "protect" myself so I set my stoploss to breakeven+. All 3 trades hit breakeven and proceeded to go back up.

P.S. Don't mind the chart set up too much... I stripped somethings and added the arrzzfd for testing.

P.P.S. This 1 HUGE trade paid for all my losses the last 2 weeks :In Love: Thanks much XARD for your help! :hug:
Attachments
These users thanked the author jcorp01 for the post:
StuartWong

jcorp01 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:07 pm This was a great great trade that just wrapped up on Bitcoin.

230+ pips!

A tip that could potentially help someone get more pips (or take you out earlier than desired), is to trail your stop loss. When it works, it works great. I started trailing when I was already up 100+ pips on this trade.

When it doesn't work, it takes you out early. I took out a couple of buy positions on Gold today and when it went up 20+ pips, I wanted to "protect" myself so I set my stoploss to breakeven+. All 3 trades hit breakeven and proceeded to go back up.

P.S. Don't mind the chart set up too much... I stripped somethings and added the arrzzfd for testing.

P.P.S. This 1 HUGE trade paid for all my losses the last 2 weeks :In Love: Thanks much XARD for your help! :hug:
Hello Sir,
Could you explain how you interpret the Semafor and use them in your trade when there are forming?
Regards.