Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

josi wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:54 pm No offence to anyone but:
How does this work logically?
trading TF = M5
short term directional bias on M5 = EMA9
Directional bias on higher TF = M15 (5x3=15; i. e. (M)15 = 3x (M)5)
If I use 36 I don't get M15 but M20; mathematically correct would be M15 = (M)5x3, i. e. (EMA)9x3=27
Maybe I am wrong but the maths isn't.
And this doesn't even discuss the "problem" whether M15 is the best reference TF for M5 (which personally I doubt).
See also: viewtopic.php?p=1295431272#p1295431272
Як вихід можна спробувати поставити три ЕМА з кроком 9, але ТФ М-5, ТФ М-15 та ТФ Н1?
As a way out you can try to put three EMAs with step 9, but TF M-5, TF M-15 and TF H1?

RomanUkraine wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:19 pm As a way out you can try to put three EMAs with step 9, but TF M-5, TF M-15 and TF H1?
or - if you want to be really clever - you use MrTool's newest invention and enter EMA9 for all three
but for timeframe you use:
a) current
b) first higher timeframe
c) second higher timeframe
By doing this you can change between timeframes and the EMAs always adapt to the new situation.
Drawback: unluckily the EMA isn't drawn quite as accurately and nicely.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Dondbaze

Just a few words before new trading week starts...Previous week was not very bright for my demo trading and I finished it with 2% gain using 1% risk per trade. So, I have earned +27% to acc during three weeks of demo trading. Max DD was about 4% of depo. The most important part for me is to develop my own set of rules and follow them strictly. And it takes time. But, as I think, this is the only way to get good results. This system is great, but it is absolutely necessary to put your own efforts to understand and adjust system to your own trading style and so on...And for those who is struggling with higher timeframe VQ - I did not use it, only current Tf VQ)
These users thanked the author AlexBello for the post (total 6):
cptwillwilliams, neverloggedin, XXXX, Thales, bidhunter, LorenzoNexus