Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

As a lot of you will know that I tend to scalp my way through the intra-day, make my Pip$ on the 5m chart with quick short moves and let two or three trades make up my daily target. This can leave a lot of traders a bit confused so I would like to point out an easier more classical way of trading using this system.

That is to trade using the 1hr and 15m charts. The 1hr TF gives us our road map and keeps us safe on our trading journey. The 15m TF is our entry points along the journey's way.

If you look at the US500 charts below you will see where our Journey starts five trading days ago (last Friday) at the bottom Perimeter Dot.
The 1hr chart is grayed out on our first trade on the 15m off the 2nd Dot (3740.61) where we would have taken a BUY at the cross of the Trend line.
Our second trade is now highlighted on both the 1hr & 15m with a BUY at the cross of the Trend line just at the Open line. Anyone of these trades would have made us our daily target.

From the Bottom Perimeter Dot we are in BUY mode and from the 2nd trade onwards the 1hr VQ is UP confirming that we should be in BUY trades for the past five days. The 15m TF shows us clearly where to get in on these trades, hit our targets and get out and repeat each day. Book our Pip$ and move on.

This is not rocket science folks, please take the time to look at both charts and ask yourself "Could I do this? be consistent with my intra-day trades".
You just need to focus, the 15m & 1hr strategy will work wonders for your trading account.
Xard777

NB If you are on the 15m chart, you could show the T2MA line (set to true in FX4 STD input menu) as this shows the 1hr line on the 15m chart.
Plus, you can also set the alarm on the 15m VQ to true to help with entries.
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:08 pm Xard777
Now you're talking!
The return of the Jedi!
I think this is more helpful for beginners than the last few trades on M5 (some of which where countertrend if you consider H1 as reference - and more or less in the realm of scalping).
Beginners looking at your charts right now will understand how to follow H1 and see the trades on M15.
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
xard777, fadhayemustafa, AlexBello

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:08 pm As a lot of you will know that I tend to scalp my way through the intra-day, make my Pip$ on the 5m chart with quick short moves and let two or three trades make up my daily target. This can leave a lot of traders a bit confused so I would like to point out an easier more classical way of trading using this system.

That is to trade using the 1hr and 15m charts. The 1hr TF gives us our road map and keeps us safe on our trading journey. The 15m TF is our entry points along the journey's way.

If you look at the US500 charts below you will see where our Journey starts five trading days ago (last Friday) at the bottom Perimeter Dot.
The 1hr chart is grayed out on our first trade on the 15m off the 2nd Dot (3740.61) where we would have taken a BUY at the cross of the Trend line.
Our second trade is now highlighted on both the 1hr & 15m with a BUY at the cross of the Trend line just at the Open line. Anyone of these trades would have made us our daily target.

From the Bottom Perimeter Dot we are in BUY mode and from the 2nd trade onwards the 1hr VQ is UP confirming that we should be in BUY trades for the past five days. The 15m TF shows us clearly where to get in on these trades, hit our targets and get out and repeat each day. Book our Pip$ and move on.

This is not rocket science folks, please take the time to look at both charts and ask yourself "Could I do this? be consistent with my intra-day trades".
You just need to focus, the 15m & 1hr strategy will work wonders for your trading account.
Xard777
XARD!!! - THANK YOU!!!! That explains everything! perfectly! been reading through the forum from the begininng (got up to about 300... after that been reading from front backwards!!! heheheheh).... but this beats the cake hands down!!! THANK YOU my friend.... though I haven't met you... only a friend would help another friend without questions, without asking for anything... thank you for all the time you have put into this and thank you for sharing.
Happy trading....
These users thanked the author aneek229 for the post:
BigYusufff

xard777 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:08 pm Xard777
Thank you Xard

Just wanted to ask a little question if 1hr vq is on buy mode and you enter through m15 what do you think

1-Do you get out when the color changes color? (SL type of thing)
XARD: It is down to each traders perception of the market. You could say I am in this trade for the long haul and two minutes later your booking Pip$.

2-What do you think about the tp for example on spx or gold?
XARD: For all instruments :- look at panel 38% figure as your daily target (could be one, two or three trades).
Find an instrument that you are comfortable with and stick with it.

Karobube wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:00 pm Hi,
can someone who has an mql file from XARD Ribbon add a function to the input file so that I can adjust the bar thickness of the ribbon.
In the Color setting, a changed setting always shifts to the basic setting.
Thanks in advance
!!!-XARD RIBBON.ex4

Excellent explanation from Xard about how to trade, but it also reminded me of the following question: blue/green perimeter dot on H1 US500 appeared last friday, but new red perimeter dot on H1 (you still can see it now) appeared in the evening of 08/03. That means, we are in sell mode since...This is just a question, I demo trade profitably for the second week and thanks for the system. Personally, I consider mostly MAs (including 144 MA) and indicators on current TF.
XARD: On the 1hr TF watch the VQ

AlexBello wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:44 pm new red perimeter dot on H1 (you still can see it now) appeared in the evening of 08/03.
XARD: On the 1hr TF watch the VQ
Very good point as it applies to all repainters.
Personally, I disregard the last semaphore signal (in this case red perimeter) until price has closed under EMA9.
After it has done so, I take the view that it can go either way and watch what price is doing.
As you are not supposed to take a trade until the second dot has appeared there is no risk yet.
If price closes above EMA9 again - I take the long view again.
If price goes further down (i. e. close below EMA36) I take a short view and wait for the second dot down.

(Just as a reminder to all who just start their trading journey: it may be less painful if you know what you are looking for right from the start. This is H4 - reference TF - GBPJPY. A christmas present if there ever was one.
A nice long uptrend (HHs and HLs) with lots of easy entries on H1 and M15.)
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
AlexBello, stond, pipalong