Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm Xard777
Now we have a nice move down. Up wasn't quite as easy, I thought - a bit more demanding.
I think I understand now why you used higher Semaphore period: so that people - who get "scared" when the dot appears and exit the trade - can stay in the trade longer (because the dot appears later...)
But as every advantage also is a disadvantage in another context: let's see how they'll get along trading the smaller moves with lots of Pbs (but without the dots).
This idea - followed through to its bitter end - would, of course, mean:
skip a few TFs and emulate a real higher one (i. e. M15 emulating H4 = 144+576) (micromanagement vs macromanagement)
Interesting result!

Don't be greedy, be consistent - targets hit for today...

You can see that I drew a rectangle box (using the shapes tool on MT4) off the Triangle.
This allowed me to clearly see any breakouts (UP or DOWN) coming off the Triangle (kinda takes the fun out of guessing:-)
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 12):
AlexBello, fadhayemustafa, Thales, Jimmy, sudhindragk, mcmstar, Skyold, chakweshadanny, kowal81, Paddygir, Pikachu, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 am Don't be greedy, be consistent - targets hit for today...

You can see that I drew a rectangle box (using the shapes tool on MT4) off the Triangle.
This allowed me to clearly see any breakouts (UP or DOWN) coming off the Triangle (kinda takes the fun out of guessing:-)
Xard777
Thanks Boss... I was *curious what you will do for the W30 example thanks... Limitless Pips
These users thanked the author fadhayemustafa for the post:
xard777

josi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:58 am
Now we have a nice move down. Up wasn't quite as easy, I thought - a bit more demanding.
I think I understand now why you used higher Semaphore period: so that people - who get "scared" when the dot appears and exit the trade - can stay in the trade longer (because the dot appears later...)
But as every advantage also is a disadvantage in another context: let's see how they'll get along trading the smaller moves with lots of Pbs (but without the dots).
This idea - followed through to its bitter end - would, of course, mean:
skip a few TFs and emulate a real higher one (i. e. M15 emulating H4 = 144+576) (micromanagement vs macromanagement)
Interesting result!
Yeah, Perimeter Dot are the only one to use for exit
XARD: That's the reason why I watch 5m & 30m charts when trading (simplicity in perpetuity) ad infinitum
Attachments
These users thanked the author Thales for the post:
xard777