Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Dego wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:44 pm Would this be a too crazy idea? Just trade the red candles when red background and blue candles when blue background?
Basically that is what it all boils down to.
There is one decisive question, though: are you - if you follow this strategy - trading (as your general principle) the big price moves (i. e. trending moves - and not the retracements which you don't want to trade)?
Looking only at your screenshots it doesn't seem that way.
So the task is: go backwards for the last 150 trades and check the statistics (and try to be aware that the semafores repaint - so forward-testing may produce the only reliable answer).
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Dego

I will post an update with the background set to the white semafor (and above), this should alleviate any problems during live sessions.
Re general direction, I would keep an eye on the 30m VQ
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 16):
flandria, Dego, maroka, josi, Skyold, sashadeol, Mustafa, SWicak, bigdee, oskar656, traderokey, chrislee073, Juertes, aneek229, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

I use XARD system for scalping with 5m and find out with XA v2-trading indicator, when blue bar turn into grey bar it a good time to exit the trade. But when the trend is strong (everyone like it :D), it take me too long to look at screen at 5m when the bar change the color to exit, sometime 4,5 hours if the trend is strong, Could you make an EA to exit when the bar change color to grey, the order will auto closed or at least make an alert when the bar change to grey. Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english.

josi wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:23 pm
Basically that is what it all boils down to.
There is one decisive question, though: are you - if you follow this strategy - trading (as your general principle) the big price moves (i. e. trending moves - and not the retracements which you don't want to trade)?
Looking only at your screenshots it doesn't seem that way.
So the task is: go backwards for the last 150 trades and check the statistics (and try to be aware that the semafores repaint - so forward-testing may produce the only reliable answer).
The background colour is based on semafor? If it does backtesting is useless.