Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

ImpLaNT wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Honestly, I don't want to arrange a showdown here, figuring out how good someone is in trading. And just as honestly I can say that I strongly doubt the veracity of your statement about 10 years of life solely due to trading. I will not go into details of my doubts. All I wanted to do was just say that you don't need to expect miracles from any trading system, no matter how wonderful it is. I in no way want to say that Xard's system is bad ... On the contrary, with each new release it only gets prettier. But, it never solved the two issues that a trader faces. This is the direction in which you need to open a position on this instrument today. And the second question is when exactly to do it. If you correctly predicted the direction of trade for today, the system gives very high-quality signals to open a position. But at the same time, if you think about the name ... Trend-following system ... That is, if this is understood literally, the author does not set himself the goal of defining market reversal patterns. His system makes it possible to join the existing trend at the most opportune moments. And how to determine the trend, everyone decides for himself. And it is in this moment that I see the main problems that people face in using this system.
This system? No, every system. People rely on indicators to show them the way and when to trade. Just because price action is moving along some line does not mean it's a trend.
Besides, it is inappropriate to express doubts about a person if you don't know that person. I started trading when I was 57 and traded for a living when I retired and decided to delete all indicators. If my math knowledge does not fail me, that was a bit more than 10 years ago.
Now back to the charts. Here are some charts.....same Instrument. Is the trend up or down? Hello...?? :D Not trading low TF's saves me a lot of money.
Xard is simply trying to help people to jump on the train in the right direction. He's doing a good job with that. But that does not relieve someone from learning more than that.

15 M
60M
240M
1440 M

ImpLaNT wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm
So you're still stuck with the Christmas ed?
And still frustrated that following Pava's advice - to enter before the trend starts and exit before it ends - didn't quite work out for you?
You HAVE an uptrend once you see higher Highs and higher Lows (but you don't know how long it'll last)
You HAVE a downtrend once you see lower Highs and lower Lows (but you don't know how long it'll last)
Only fools want to enter before they know which directional bias will (statistically) prevail.
Do you need instruments for this? Not necessarily as you normally can see it happening.
But you don't always see support & resistance areas (so instruments can be helpful).
Xard's setup just makes it easier to see all that.

josi wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 pm
So you're still stuck with the Christmas ed?
And still frustrated that following Pava's advice - to enter before the trend starts and exit before it ends - didn't quite work out for you?
You HAVE an uptrend once you see higher Highs and higher Lows (but you don't know how long it'll last)
You HAVE a downtrend once you see lower Highs and lower Lows (but you don't know how long it'll last)
Only fools want to enter before they know which directional bias will (statistically) prevail.
Do you need instruments for this? Not necessarily as you normally can see it happening.
But you don't always see support & resistance areas (so instruments can be helpful).
Xard's setup just makes it easier to see all that.
No my friend... I have long since moved away from all this. Exactly from the moment when the coder responded to my request in the thread. Now we are working in a completely different direction as a small creative team. Therefore, I stopped maintaining the thread, considering it no longer appropriate, especially since the Universe appeared, which was no worse than the Christmas version. And the last September edition, is simply magnificent. But we are going the other way. But I watch what Xard is doing. He is great in its own way!
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven