Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Vox wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:33 pm anyone want to share how to get out from trade with this system?
i usually use 1:2, but it's not quite effective sometime on this system.
What I do is not put take profit, I usually let them run throughout the day and in my case, in the afternoon at the close of the European session I usually close the operations, this week I closed some with a ratio of 1: 2, but for What I have seen with a 1: 1 ratio works much better, I also take into account when the price reaches some support or resistance, but what I basically do is let them run and look for operations with minimum ratios of 1: 1. I've been doing it like this and I have had very good results, but each one will have their own handling of operations, greetings

xard777 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 am Last week I mentioned trading the 1hr Trend & Signal settings on the 15min charts.
Well, this is what it looks like...
I use the 1hr Trend line as my Background Bias and look to trade it on the 15min chart.
It helps keep me right side up.
It works great along with the VWAP and you have the added advantage of the 15min Semafors.
This way you just trade off the 15min chart (and still check the 4hr from time to time)..
Xard777

PS Copy XU-MA v3 indy to indicators and restart MT4 use the enclosed templates.
Good job, Xard. This is a chart that is extremely easy to trade due to the visual representation accurately reflecting the market bias. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

acabtrust wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 pm

What I do is not put take profit, I usually let them run throughout the day and in my case, in the afternoon at the close of the European session I usually close the operations, this week I closed some with a ratio of 1: 2, but for What I have seen with a 1: 1 ratio works much better, I also take into account when the price reaches some support or resistance, but what I basically do is let them run and look for operations with minimum ratios of 1: 1. I've been doing it like this and I have had very good results, but each one will have their own handling of operations, greetings
hi, thanks for your respond.
if i may to make it clear,
- enter the trade;
- look how the price react to s/r line;
- if reject s/r line, close;
- if break or not even reach yet, close whenever Europe session over;
cmiiw

regards.

xard777 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 am Last week I mentioned trading the 1hr Trend & Signal settings on the 15min charts.
Well, this is what it looks like...
I use the 1hr Trend line as my Background Bias and look to trade it on the 15min chart.
It helps keep me right side up.
It works great along with the VWAP and you have the added advantage of the 15min Semafors.
This way you just trade off the 15min chart (and still check the 4hr from time to time)..
Xard777

PS Copy XU-MA v3 indy to indicators and restart MT4 use the enclosed templates.
Thanks to you Xard for your cares...
Please Xard, I only trade H1 and higher timeframe.
So, I want to trade H4 trend line as my Background Bias on H1 chart. Please how can I do that?
Can you do it for me?
Best regards from Rico

Vox wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:06 pm

hi, thanks for your respond.
if i may to make it clear,
- enter the trade;
- look how the price react to s/r line;
- if reject s/r line, close;
- if break or not even reach yet, close whenever Europe session over;
cmiiw

regards.
Exact friend, this is how I do it, sometimes it will happen that you will see the price that is going up like foam and it will tempt you to let it continue running, but even if I see that the price can continue to rise, if I have already obtained a good profit in the day I close the operation, other times the price may go a little against you and it will be time to close the operation in a loss, but nothing happens, at the end of the day the gains are huge compared to the losses, and there is the key, to obtain good earnings in the day and the next day the sun will come out again, greetings

Final Setup

Here it is folks, the last one.
Now I can concentrate on my trading (Woohoo!!!).

I use the 1hr time frame as my intra day Trading Bias and also show this on the 15min chart.
The 5min chart uses the 15min time frame as it's Trading Bias.
The 1min uses the 5min time frame as it's Trading Bias.
As you can see from the enclosed charts.

Personally, I use the 1hr and the 15min charts when I am trading.
As I am trading off the 1hr TF then I look for greater price moves in the direction of the Bias (background colour).

I have included some other indys that you may want to use.
Please do not ask for any changes as I am extremely busy now (until xmas).
Enjoy!
All the best
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world