Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:13 pm As per request by stond... update
Remember to copy all files over including the expert.

Scale for OCTAVEMATH is default for WS30, please adjust for other charts.
Xard777
1. I have been following you for last more than 10 years and thank you for introducing MML as a useful tool.
I also learned from you the importance of setting up effective trading screens from you.
I also watched you setting up a simple but very powerful momentum trading system by using your expert knowledge of setting up trading screens and using probable extreme or exhaustion Points .
Your single most big contribution to the welfare of beginners is graphically showing how realistic trading has to be conducted. Not Hopeful trading.

I could not visualise that trading screen can be a foundation stone for such a simple system using Semaphore ,MML , exhaustion levels, , Daily Open and ADR.

To me, using MM is like panning for gold nuggets with a screen. Smaller screens help you catch the small pips, and larger screens will help you only with larger nuggets.

Screen mesh is the view, ie: weekly would be screen mesh of 600 pips for example, whereas a 15min chart would have screen mesh of approx 40 pip sizes.

So if you are only interested in 20-100 pip trading then you need to drop down time-wise into a math view that uses smaller pip spreads for the MM lines.

I will be thankful if you can show me a view of how to convert MM lines based on Octaves selected into PIPS. MM lines are variables while Pip unit is fixed.

The reason is I want to use a simple Trade Manager EA that accepts Pips as the input for entering and managing trades. The EA does not make use of any indicators . It just uses Pips size and Pips Distance (both constant factors) to manage Entry, TP, SL, Averaging, Pyramiding,

Hedging needs a projection tool to plot locking and unlocking points.
I find MML as the best projection tool for it.
Problem is that how to convert MMLines into Pips that can be fed into EA.
The lines can be 19 or 39 or 156 , or 312 pis apart.
Like ADR can we have a MML measure?