Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

DRAXILL wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 am So here is my Powerdash that had been custom fitted for my personal trading style.

It was fitted like an expensive custom fine fitted suit by non-other than Xard himself.

I normally don't share the source code but since Xard has asked me to I will do it here.

You guys can go into the source code and custom it to your specifications since your trading style is different than mine.

I only ask if you come up with anything good then share it here.

DRAXILL

How can I shrink the powerdash? I have all the pairs listed but it cuts off at NZDJPY... I've tried all the settings but nothing is making it smaller? Or is this an issue with my screen size?
Attachments

francisfinley stimpy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 pm
Every single thread on every trading forum descends into this post - without fail.

You cannot replicate in MT4 what you do as a discretionary 'trader'.
Xard told me not to bother trying to automate his system many years ago. He was right.

Automated/Algorithmic trading is a completely different world to MT4 retail day chart trading. Your chance of automating anything profitably with MT4 is close to zero - the best MT4 coders have tried and failed. Ignore the martingale twerps.

1. This system is discretionary (subjective).
2. This system is 95% repainting.

You can pay who you like, they will never ever be able to turn this into an automated replication of what Xard is doing on a daily basis within MT4.
Anyone worth their salt within the forex arena should be telling you the same.

Trade it manually, objectively, with hard and fast rules such as;

SELL
1. semafor red
2. tma cg above black
3. red candle
4. red trend ma
5. red signal ma
6. red background cci
7. red adx

8. fixed SL - unless you have adaptive calc and post it
9 fixed TP - unless you have adaptive calc and post it

10. hook up Myfxbook/fxblue/fundseeder
11. post results after 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months.

then you will know whether you can codify it. You will soon run into which timeframe, which bar, what price should entry be taken then run into the same for exits, how much drawdown you are running into in chop/range - on mt4 it is an endless list of problems to solve.

I have posted before about objective results and lovely painted pictures of 'systems' - they mean nothing until you objectively test them.

Why do people think automating something they have not tested objectively with success means it will solve their problems?
You don't automate bad business processes, why would it work in 'trading'?

FYI - it would take me less than a morning to code this up and post it to an myfxbook to show you the result. I already know the answer - 'anyone can make money in a trend'.
Good afternoon...
I myself have never written anything in MQL, but in general, programming is not alien to me. A complete trading system is always a clear algorithm in which there is no room for discrepancies. If there is a clear algorithm, then it can be automated. Is it logical? You have clearly formulated the conditions for opening a sale position ..

Sell
1. semafor red
2.tma cg above black
3. red candle
4. red trend ma
5. red signal ma
6. red background cci
7. red adx

I can’t understand why the working indicators cannot be made a parts of the adviser by providing it with an output buffer. For example ... a red candle - 0 is written into the buffer, a blue candle - in buffer 1, a red background - in buffer 0, a blue background - in buffer 1, a gray background - does not change the current state of the buffer. And this logic applies to every indicator. Further, upon closing each candlestick, a logical AND operation is performed on the buffers of all indicators analyzed by the adviser. If all buffers have a state of 0, then a sell position is opened, if all in 1 - open buy position. In other cases, nothing is done. Or do you want to say that such logic cannot be programmed by means of MQL?
Further, I understand very well that the indicators included in the system are repaints. But this problem may be solved too in my opinion. You can simply give the adviser the logic of maintaining an open position. Here is the most primitive version of such logic ... after the position is open, after closing the next three candles, the output buffers of all indicators are checked, and if at least one indicator has changed its value, then there is a repainting, and the position that has just been opened immediately closes. In other words, only those positions remain in the market in which the indicators did not change their state during the next three candles. Other more elegant approaches and solutions are possible. It already depends on the professionalism of the programmer.
In conclusion, I will say that it is possible to automate any, even the most complex algorithm through any, even the weakest programming language. It all depends of the professional level of the coder. And this is not a theorem, it is an axiom.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
optionhk

jcorp01 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:58 am

How can I shrink the powerdash? I have all the pairs listed but it cuts off at NZDJPY... I've tried all the settings but nothing is making it smaller? Or is this an issue with my screen size?
That's made a smaller version!
These users thanked the author Aleksandr69 for the post:
StuartWong