Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hello everyone ...
First of all, i want to say many thanks to dear sir Xard for his new great job - Christmas setup.
But in my opinion, EA is necessary for its full use. Manually trading on fast time frames such as M5 or M15 is almost impossible due to the fact that being in front of the screen for days and nights is unreal. Namely, on these timeframes the setup is the most productive.
In this regard, the question ... Are there any coders, who are able to write EA based on Xard’s Christmas setup? And how does Sir Xard himself look at this? If some financial investments are needed to implement this idea, I think there will be those who wish, including myself, who are able to participate financially.
Is it possible to translate this idea into reality? And are there people who, like me, need such EA? What are your thoughts on this?
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
Oswald

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm Hello everyone ...
First of all, i want to say many thanks to dear sir Xard for his new great job - Christmas setup.
But in my opinion, EA is necessary for its full use. Manually trading on fast time frames such as M5 or M15 is almost impossible due to the fact that being in front of the screen for days and nights is unreal. Namely, on these timeframes the setup is the most productive.
In this regard, the question ... Are there any coders, who are able to write EA based on Xard’s Christmas setup? And how does Sir Xard himself look at this? If some financial investments are needed to implement this idea, I think there will be those who wish, including myself, who are able to participate financially.
Is it possible to translate this idea into reality? And are there people who, like me, need such EA? What are your thoughts on this?
Every single thread on every trading forum descends into this post - without fail.

You cannot replicate in MT4 what you do as a discretionary 'trader'.
Xard told me not to bother trying to automate his system many years ago. He was right.

Automated/Algorithmic trading is a completely different world to MT4 retail day chart trading. Your chance of automating anything profitably with MT4 is close to zero - the best MT4 coders have tried and failed. Ignore the martingale twerps.

1. This system is discretionary (subjective).
2. This system is 95% repainting.

You can pay who you like, they will never ever be able to turn this into an automated replication of what Xard is doing on a daily basis within MT4.
Anyone worth their salt within the forex arena should be telling you the same.

Trade it manually, objectively, with hard and fast rules such as;

SELL
1. semafor red
2. tma cg above black
3. red candle
4. red trend ma
5. red signal ma
6. red background cci
7. red adx

8. fixed SL - unless you have adaptive calc and post it
9 fixed TP - unless you have adaptive calc and post it

10. hook up Myfxbook/fxblue/fundseeder
11. post results after 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months.

then you will know whether you can codify it. You will soon run into which timeframe, which bar, what price should entry be taken then run into the same for exits, how much drawdown you are running into in chop/range - on mt4 it is an endless list of problems to solve.

I have posted before about objective results and lovely painted pictures of 'systems' - they mean nothing until you objectively test them.

Why do people think automating something they have not tested objectively with success means it will solve their problems?
You don't automate bad business processes, why would it work in 'trading'?

FYI - it would take me less than a morning to code this up and post it to an myfxbook to show you the result. I already know the answer - 'anyone can make money in a trend'.
These users thanked the author francisfinley stimpy for the post (total 3):
Skyold, bigdee, DRAXILL

For those of you wanting to trade on the 5 min chart, try this...
Hope this helps some folk in their decision making process.
All the best
Xard777

XARD TRADING 5MIN v2 template makes it easier to trade.
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:24 am For those of you wanting to trade on the 5 min chart, try this...
Hope this helps some folk in their decision making process.
All the best
Xard777

XARD TRADING 5MIN v2 template makes it easier to trade.
Please test and make available a chart for those who want to trade long term.
Many thanks in advance!
Janusz

XARD: Do you mean like Trading a 4hr chart showing 1hr, 4hr & D1 Trend lines?
Try this template on XARD TRADING 5MIN setup on 4hr chart.
These users thanked the author Janus for the post (total 5):
stond, hannele, kvak, Erebøs_X, StuartWong